CBSE Class 2 English Worksheets for Pronoun & Video classes
Takshila Learning offers online school courses for children studying in class 1 to 5. Kids can study at their own inputs and their own pace through a 2D-3 D animated program of learning and practicing, each chapter is an accompanied by videos, activities, printable worksheets and test papers for further studies. Our online school course program helps your kids to build good study habits and Class 2 English worksheets help your child know what to say and how to say it. In this article, learn how to use pronouns in place of a common and proper noun and rewrite sentences with pronouns.
Read this paragraph
Simran said she was ill. Simran asked Father for medicine. Father gave a cough syrup to Simran. Simran drank syrup. Simran said Simran is feeling better.
Now, read this
Simran said she was ill. She asked her father for medicine. The father gave a cough syrup and she drank it. Simran said she is feeling better.
Don’t you think the second paragraph sounded much better? This is because we replaced Simran with She. Here, we use words like he, she, they, it in place of nouns to avoid such repetitions.
A pronoun is a word that is used in place of a noun. I, You, he, she, they, we, it is pronouns.
- I am Shweta
- She is Simarn
- Are you Amit?
- We are friends
- They are my students
- This is my dictionary. It is very useful.
Download Worksheet for class 2 English
Choose the correct words:
- Sohan and Parul told Sharma, ‘(WE/I) live on Pusa road’.
- (They/It) have the best basketball team in town.
- (He/You) are supposed to serve your country.
- Sharma loves dogs. (She/They) feeds street dogs everyday.
- My Mother Loves painting. (It/She) make a good one for us.
Fill in the blanks with the correct pronouns:
- ……….. donot like burgers. Give me a pizza.
- Lagan and I are classmates. …………..study in class 3.
- I have got a new pet. …….is a dog.
- Naitik, Shauraya, and Vivaan are friends. ………………. Play basketball together.
- Father says, ‘Boys, …….. should not shout so loudly.
Try English worksheets for Class 2 – nouns, pronouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs and articles and much more. Takshila Learning also offers animated CBSE online classes for Class 1 to Class 12, worksheets for Class 1 to 5 for all subjects. For more details register with www.takshila learning.
Or call us : 8800999280/8800999284/011-45639131
Follow Us on Social Media