What is Windows 10 Operating System?
The latest version of the Microsoft Windows operating system is Windows 10. While previous versions of Windows were primarily meant to work on desktop and laptop computers, Windows 10 is also meant to function on tablets. Windows 10 Operating System was created by Microsoft to provide a more personal computing experience across a variety of devices. This is an experience that is optimized for each device type while remaining familiar to all users. Windows 10 will run on a wide range of devices, including PCs, tablets, phones, Xbox One, Microsoft HoloLens, and the Surface Hub.
Windows 10 is a collection of Microsoft operating systems that are part of the Windows NT operating system family. It is the successor of Windows 8.1, which was unveiled approximately two years ago on July 15, 2015, and released to the general public on July 29, 2015.
As a follow-up to Windows 8, Microsoft released Windows 10 in July 2015. Instead of releasing a new, full-fledged operating system as a successor, Microsoft has stated that it will continue to update Windows 10.
Anyone who installs Windows on a legacy PC can update it immediately from Windows 7 or Windows 8 to Windows 10 without having to re-imaging or go through time-consuming system wipes and upgrades.
Features of Windows 10 Operating System
With Windows 10, new features in recent Windows updates will help you customize your PC, boost security, and get more creative. These updates will also make it easier to do things on your PC and on your other devices, including synchronizing with Android phones.
The best features of the Window 10 Operating System are:
- The return of the Start Menu : It’s exactly what Windows 8 critics have been asking for, and Microsoft has finally delivered. When you hit the Start button in the bottom left corner of the screen, two panels appear, with the left column displaying pinned, recently used, and most-used apps. There’s also a power button-up top with options like Hibernate, Standby, and Shutdown, as well as an all-apps option similar to Windows 8. A selection of live tiles can be customized, resized, and reorganized in the right column. Furthermore, in addition to programs and files, the search field at the bottom will hunt up related Internet results (as it did on Windows 7).
- The desktop has Cortana: It’s never been easier to be lazy. Microsoft’s voice-controlled digital assistant Cortana will be available on desktop PCs with Windows 10, making it easier to interact with your device without lifting a finger. Simply directing your PC to do so will allow you to search your hard drive for specific files, pull up images from specified dates, and launch PowerPoint presentations.
- Snap Assist aids in the snapping of windows: Snap Assist is a new tool that assists users in working out. To utilize it, simply move the title bar to the edge of the screen. Snap was already included in prior Windows versions, but some new functions have been introduced. Drag the title bar to the screen’s maximum window’s top edge. To snap the application to the right or left, drag the left or right side of the screen.
- Command Prompt : This is a new feature of the command prompt: you may now copy/paste from your command prompt using a keyboard shortcut. In the Command Prompt, you can now utilize Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V. This feature was not available in the previous edition.
- Settings App vs. Control Panel: You can go straight to the new setting app that is involved from the PC setting app on Windows 8 from the start menu of the setting option. This is a more user-friendly method of computer setup. It does not, however, include every system. The old control panel window hasn’t been removed. In the old control panel window, it’s also available.
- Xbox app and streaming: In January, Microsoft released the Xbox app for Windows 10 game streaming; we can chat with pals online and check what games they’re playing. The Xbox app dashboard has been updated to integrate the new function; however, the Xbox one app for Windows 10 is still in the works. This feature enables you to leave your living room and play your favorite Xbox One games from any location with internet access. This is fantastic news for gamers because Windows 10 will come with the Xbox app, which has features like the ability to operate the Xbox One and a DVR capture for any Windows games, despite the fact that there was no indication that Windows 10 for phones would be released.
- Desktop and Security Improvements: Many desktop security improvements are still to be made in Windows 8, but we haven’t noticed them if we utilized Windows 7. Microsoft provides an updated task manager that makes it much easier to see what resources your system need and even controls a startup program without the use of third-party applications.
- File Explorer: Windows Explorer is another name for File Explorer. It is a very important segment of the operating system. You can use the keyboard shortcut “Windows + e.” We can browse commonly used directories and recently used files when File Explorer is opened.
- Universal apps: The Universal Windows Platform (UWP) is a Windows platform that allows you to create universal apps (UWP). It’s great news for everyone who uses multiple Windows devices. Photos, Videos, Music, Maps, People, and Messaging, as well as Mail and Calendar, will all look the same across devices and screen sizes. Universal apps come with a slew of backend improvements for developers that make it easier to create apps for Windows Phone and Windows 8. They are not identical in terms of code, and this does not imply that developers can create programs for any platform by just pressing a button.
Here at Takshila Learning, we provide School Online Classes from Preschool to Class 12 for all subjects. We provide the best online tuition classes for Class 1 to 12th Class and other classes that comprise Animated Video lectures and Live Online Classes that will help students to grasp concepts easily. We also provide Worksheets & Assignments, Doubt sessions, Free Encyclopedia, NCERT Solutions for Class 6 to 12th, and Exam Guru to monitor your progress, i.e., subject-wise and topic-wise. So now Enjoy E-Learning with Takshila Learning.
What is Computer? Computer Advantages and Disadvantages
Creating and Formatting a Microsoft Word Document
What is the Importance of Computer? History of Computers
How many Generations of Computers are there?
What is Backup and Recovery in Computer?
What is Computer Networking? What are 4 Types of Networks?
Units, Standard units – Why do we need standard units of measurement?
Learning is fun now!
Subscribe to our social channel.
Enroll today & Get Free Demo Class!
Call at 8800999280 / 8800999283 / 8800999284 fill the form for any other details:
Fill the form for Free Demo Class!!
Currently, we are providing classes for CBSE, ICSE, and International Board only.
- Accounts (4)
- Banking PO/CLERK Exams (576)
- CA (94)
- CA Foundation (44)
- CA inter (29)
- CA Final (25)
- Career Counselling (10)
- CBSE Class (823)
- cbse class 1 (11)
- cbse class 10 (131)
- cbse class 11 (119)
- cbse class 12 (179)
- cbse class 2 (37)
- cbse class 3 (43)
- cbse class 4 (49)
- cbse class 5 (42)
- cbse class 6 (77)
- cbse class 7 (80)
- cbse class 8 (90)
- cbse class 9 (116)
- Essay – Short and Long Essay for Students (23)
- cbse class 11 classes (3)
- Class 12 Business Studies Sample Paper (10)
- CMA (54)
- Cma Final (12)
- CMA Foundation (21)
- CMA Inter (16)
- Company Secretary (218)
- CS Executive (88)
- CS Foundation (34)
- cs preparation (3)
- CS Professional (49)
- CSEET (Company Secretary Entrance Exam) (31)
- Competitive Exam Preparation (8)
- Current Affairs for bank exams (1)
- day celebration (82)
- Earn Money Online (1)
- General (Tips, facts, education, science related) (78)
- GS Quiz For IBPS CLERK , SBI PO, IBPS PO, SBI CLERK, SSC, RRB, DMRC, IR (34)
- IBPS CLERK 2017 (1)
- IBPS Exam Schedule (3)
- IBPS PO 2017 (1)
- Indian Festivals and Important date -Short Essay (68)
- Investing (2)
- Job Notification (14)
- News (2)
- Nursery Class (UKG and LKG Class) (16)
- Online Digital Marketing Course (61)
- Professionals Courses (3)
- Python Course (6)
- Sample Paper (6)
- SSC Preparation (18)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Why Takshila online Classes (31)
- Worksheets (153)
0 responses on "Windows 10 Operating system and Features of Windows 10 Operating System"