Why Local Search SEO Is Important & How It Will Impact Your Business?
What is Local Search?
Local search means people searching for some service or product in their local or nearby area. Local search SEO is important in order to get recognized by a people in specific geo-based (geographical area). This means to promote your business visibility in a specified locality.
This is majorly done when someone wants to promote their business in a specific city, country, zip code, etc. for example, any shop near me searches can be termed as a local search. In these kinds of searches, Google picks up the location of the searcher and provides the search results in accordance to that area.
Why Local Search SEO Is Important?
Importance of Local Search SEO is according to your business and the potential customers you want to attract. Now let’s say you (Mukesh) who has a business of a barber shop, here you cannot provide service to those who are not in a nearby or a specified region where your shop is. Thus also to get a potential set of customers from the nearby area where the shop is you go online. Now after going online you need to promote your business in order to get maximum you need to promote the business to nearby customers because no one who lives far from your shop would come, thus here comes the part of local search SEO.
Local search SEO will make your business promotion only in the specified region it could be according to any zip code, city, state etc.
A study was done by many institutes and marketing firms and also Forbes has shown that 95%of smartphone users have done a local search from their mobile device itself 61% of them have called to the business or the service provider they were looking for. Out of which 51% have visited the business also.
According to many studies, it is also found that 70% of the local searches done through the mobile. Click to call from the Google search results only directly using their mobile phones.
These local searches leads can be counted as the most qualified leads because of these potential customers were only searching for a specific service that your business offers. In a similar way, theseleads will have a higher conversion rateas well. Also if you are not available for local searches then you are definitely losing a higher number of potential customers.
Basic Of Location Based SEO
Now to start with the basics you can understand the following things that this is a location-based SEO which means it focuses on a physical address to show up on local searches.
Here what you can do to show up on local SEO –
- List your business on Google My Business and many other local directories so that your business shows up when any one searches “near me” or the “local name” of your business.
- Make sure that you PAN (Phone Number, Address and Name of the business) all are consistent along all the directories where you have listed your business.
- There is also another method of increasing your rank in local SEO search which is through Citation. Now you must be keen to know what citation is? The citation is when any third party lists your business in their blog or on their website that contains your business information such as a name of the business, phone number, and address. Unlike other listings, this would not require a backlink to your website.
For example- When any hair stylist blog mentions your barber shop as a good point to get a hair cut or any things related to this. This could be termed as a citation.
You can also use any local SEO listing management tool that will save you from the hassle of manually updating your business at every listing. There are many in the market such as one mentioned below.
HO WALL THIS HELPS IN LOCAL SEARCH SEO AND WHERE WILL YOU BE SEEN??
Now all this would increase your promotion over local Google search that would help in getting your business on “Google’s Local 3 packs”
- What is Google’s local 3 packs??
It is the major hot-spot for any local business to appear because this is the place from where most of the leads are generated. Also it is the place for Google to list the local business. Initially, Google’s search engine showed 7 results in the local business area section. Along with the time when the use of smartphones increased and people starting relyingmore on local searches Google also increased the competition for better user experience.It decreased this section to 3 results only. This section display links for thefollowing things for each business listed-
- Phone Number.
- Name of the business.
Thus you know what is Google’s local 3 packs and why it is the most sorted location for the local businesses. Also according to the study, it is seen that 44% of people who did local searches clicked on the first 3 listings while only 8% of them clicked on the load more results button. Thus if any local business gets that spot it could drive a huge business for them.
How Local search SEO does impact your business?
If you have a small business or even a larger business having good local search SEO presence can help your business largely. Let’s see how it can benefit us –
- Local search SEO provide the potential customers the information they want such as if a customer wants to know if your barbershop is having wifi or not. Displaying this kind of information could help your business attract maximum customers.
- Local search SEO help potential customers recognize your business and also study shows that most of the local search is done by a non-local resident of that area. They are searching for the services provided by business like yours and with local search SEO done right, you can capture a maximum number of audience.
- Even if your business does not have a website you can still promote your business through local search SEO and make your business stand out in local searches.
Now that you have an idea about local search SEO you can manage your online presence through these measures and build your good client base and increase/convert your leads.
If you want to take our online Digital Marketing Course call us and visit our course page.
Follow us on a Social media
Call us: 8800999280/8800999284 or fill the form for any other details:
Tag: Local Search SEO / Why Local Search SEO Is Important / How Local search SEO does impact your business? / Digital Marketing / Local SEO / What Is Local SEO / Importance Of Local SEO / Benefits Of Local SEO