The ideal age for a child to start school
The right age for a child to start school – India has several boards; there are two international boards, two national boards (CBSE & ICSE), many state boards, and a few pre-school specific courses & curriculum too!
Anyone can be confused when seeing that each board has different age criteria for admission into class 1 and below.
Ideally, a child has a lot of checkpoints to achieve slowly yet steadily before he/she will be able to hold a pencil and notebook.
These are pointers that tell the parents, teachers, and doctors that the child is growing normally mentally and physically.
- 2-3 months – social smile, the child starts responding by a smile.
- 3-4 months – holding neck, when we hold them in the lap.
- 7-8 months – sitting without support
- 11-12 months – standing without support.
Now come to the age of 2 years and check the things a baby must be able to do.
- The Baby takes interest in colours, pictures in a picture book
- The Baby is able to say what he wants in his/her language.
- The Baby begins to keep repeating words others say
- The Baby is able to point to some parts of his/her body
- The 2-3 age is perfect to repeat words by pointing pictures on charts or picture books.
Thus the 2 to 3 year age group is the best for Playschool.
Now let’s come to the next age group, 3 years to 4 years is the age when you will these:
- The Baby is able to throw a ball or things overhand
- The Baby starts answering simple questions like “What is your name?”
- The Baby starts putting things away easily. So make him/her put away his/her toys in the right place.
- The Baby can name a few colors.
Thus 3 to 4 years also the right age to go to Nursery
When the child is in between 5 years and 6 years, he/she can do the following things easily:
- The Baby can button some of his shirt or pants
- The Baby names at least six coloring
- The Baby can walk downstairs alternating his feet one by one
- The Baby can jump while playing.
This age group is most suitable for Sr KG (Senior Kindergarten) or U KG (Upper Kindergarten).
When the child is between 6 years and 7 years, he/she can perform these activities easily:
- The Babies start eating on his/her own in the absence of the parents
- He/ She can understand instructions given to a group of children
- The Baby can make two or three friends quickly and also starts to be possessive about friends, parents, relative, etc
- The Baby can learn 4 to 5 words (related to study or daily life) easily
- The Baby can easily count and write the addition of numbers and subtraction of numbers
- The Baby understands different emotions and behaviors.
This age is more matured than the previous ones.
So finally can we say that 6 years is the right age to start class 1 in India?
Animated Courses + Live Online Tuition Classes
Online learning Tips for Parents
Prepare online classes for Nursery with our Animated Video lectures and Live Interactive school online class
Here at Takshila Learning, we provide Online School Classes from Preschool to Class 12 for all subjects. We provide the best online tuition classes for Class 10 and other classes that comprise Animated Video lectures and Live Online Classes that will help students to grasp concepts easily. We also provide Worksheets & Assignments, Doubt sessions, Free Encyclopedia, NCERT Solutions for Class 10, and Exam Guru to monitor your progress, i.e., subject-wise and topic-wise. So now Enjoy E-Learning with Takshila Learning.
Learning is fun now!
Enroll today & Get Free Demo Class!
Call at 8800999280 / 8800999283 / 8800999284 fill the form for any other details:
Tag – Best age to start school; best age to start preschool; right age for nursery in India; age criteria for nursery admission; Right age to start school in India 2021; online school
0 responses on "What is the right age for a child to start school in India?"