Define Law Of Floatation? & State Law Of Floatation
What is Fluid?
- It is a substance that flows and it takes the shape of the container in which it has been stored.
- Example- Liquid and gases
- Hydrostatic- It is a study of fluid at rest.
- Hydrodynamics- It is a study of fluid at motion.
What is Thrust?
- It is a force which acts normally on the surface.
- It is perpendicular to the unit surface area of the liquid.
- It is measured in terms of Force ( Newton or kilogram-force)
- It is a vector quantity.
What is Pressures?
- It is the magnitude of the normal force acting to the unit surface area of the fluid.
- It is the thrust acting per unit area of the body.
- Pressure =Thrust/Area
- It’s measuring units are SI(Newton per square meter) or Pascal or bar or millibar.
Principle of floatation
When the body floats in the fluid, the weight of fluid replaced is equal to the weight of the body. And there are two forces acted on it.
- Weight acting downward.
- The upthrust acting upwards.
Law of Floatation – State Law Of Floatation
Law of floatation states that the weight W of an object equals the weight w of the liquid displaced by it.
It refers to the floating object displaces its own weight of the fluid in which it floats.
W-Fb (force up thrust) = w
Application of the principle of floatation
Ships float in water although it is made of steel and iron which is denser. It floats because-
The volume of the ship is larger than the volume of material used in it.
The average density is less than the density of water as empty space in a ship contains air.
It sinks as it takes water in buoyancy tanks. It sinks because-
Upthrust is not changed.
The weight of the submarine increase with the inflow of water.
It floats in the air because
The weight of hot air or hydrogen-filled in it is less than the weight of air.
UP thrust is greater than its weight.
Upward force results in the balloon to rise.
Check out another article click on Force and Laws of Motion
Here at Takshila Learning, we provide Online Tuition Classes from Preschool to Class 12 for all subjects. We provide the best online tuition classes that comprise Animated Video lectures and Live Online Classes that will help students to grasp concepts easily. We also provide Worksheets & Assignments, Doubt sessions, Free Encyclopedia, NCERT Solutions, and Exam Guru to monitor your progress, i.e., subject-wise and topic-wise. So now Enjoy E-Learning with Takshila Learning.
Learning is fun now!
Enroll today & Get Free Demo Class!
Follow us on a Social media
Call at 8800999280 / 8800999283 / 8800999284 fill the form for any other details:
Tag: Floatation, Application of the principle of floatation, Principle and law of floatation, Class 9 Science , what is the law of floatation , application of law of floatation , the law of floatation , law of floatation class 9