Request a Demo Now
For More Information Talk To Our Sales Executive.
Images help you to make your web page look professional, attractive, and generate high engagement. The same image can affect the load speed of your webpage due to its large file size which may result in loss of customer/lead/ sale
Do you want high-quality images (HD images) on your website without compromising website load speed then you need to learn the trick of image optimization?
In this blog, we are going to discuss how to optimize images online using online tools for free. There are lots of online tool for image optimization like –
But before discussing these tools, let us understand some important questions about image optimization
Image optimization is a process of delivering high-quality images, in the desired dimension and resolution while keeping the smallest possible file size. This can also be done through many software.
Adobe Photoshop is a popular offline software for image optimization but it requires technical skills to optimize images using Adobe Photoshop. Also, you need a license of Adobe Photoshop and for that; you need to pay a license fee.
Image optimization is needed to-
1. Make the website load fast: To improve web page load time and make the website fast. Visitors generally avoid browsing website which loads slow.
2. Improve website SEO: Website speed is an important SEO ranking factor. So if your images are optimized it will help you to rank fast on search engines.
3. Help in taking backup fast: For website Safety and for other various reasons we need to keep website backup. If image sites are optimized, creating backup will be fast.
4. Save Bandwidth: Low image size will save bandwidth and we will be able to serve more people in the same bandwidth.
5. Save server Space: If images are optimized we can save server space
6. High engagement and sale: Since speed is a ranking factor and people like to browse fast loading website. So your website will rank fast and people will be able to engage more. This will help you to boost your sale/leads.
If you want to learn how these online tools or offline software optimizes images that you need to learn types of image optimization and image file format to use for web
The popular image optimization types are –
1. Lossy – Lossy compression reduces the image by a large amount. For this, it removes some data from the original file. It degrades image quality. This process is irreversible you will not be able to retrieve back the original image quality.
2. Lossless – Lossless compress the image data to reduce image size. It also removes unnecessary metadata. Since it doesn’t remove any data that directly affects image quality, so the image quality remains the same. It uncompresses the image before serving(rendering) it on the web.
Browse the related video list of Image optimizer online
Before optimizing your image you need to know where and why you are going to use the image. It will help you to select the correct image format.
1. PNG – Optimizes the image in PNG format and requires images of higher quality and transparent background. But the disadvantage of the file format is the larger file size. It supports both lossless & lossy compression
2. JPEG – It provides you a good quality image at low file size. It uses lossy and lossless optimization. It provides you the option to adjust the quality in relation to file size
3. GIF – It is the best option if you require an animated Image(GIf). But it has less color support(256 colors). It uses lossless compression.
4. If you have created your website using WordPress. Then you need not worry a lot about image optimization. There are lots of plug-ins which help you to optimize image on the website and serve the optimize image while browsing the website
Some popular WordPress Image Optimization Plugins are:
1. Image Optimizer
2. EWWW Image Optimizer Cloud
3. WP Smush
5. ShortPixel Image Optimizer
A web designer is not supposed to be a good graphic designer. So, working on an offline graphics design tool to optimize speed is not possible for a web designer or web programmer. To solve this problem of web designers there are lots of tools that help to optimize image file sizes.
Some of these tools are –
jpeg-optimizer-If you are looking to optimize images (mainly JPG/JPEG) online and resize the image based on ratios that this will be the best tool. It is a free online tool for resizing and compressing images for the web.
Tiny PNG: One of the most popular images is the optimizer tool. It optimizes JPG and PNG images very fast and to a large extent. It helps you to optimize images in bulk(upto20 files in one go)
kraken.io is an online tool that has a free and paid plan. It will help you to optimize images. It has also the facility to resize images. Its algorithm proved good optimization at fast speed.
Kraken gives you a choice of compression modes:
Compressor.io : Compressor.io has the facility to compress jpg, png, gif, svg, web image format. It optimizes images up to Max 10 MB file size.
jpeg.io: jpeg.io convert JPG,PNG,GIF,SVG,BMP,EPS,PSD,TIFF,WEBP or JPG into highly optimized jpg format. You just need to drag and drop the image and it gets optimized instantly.
CompressNow allows you to optimize up to 10 images at a time from your desktop computer or device. It optimizes JPG, JPEG, GIF, PNG images.
You can set a compression percentage for the images, upload images. It will compress images within seconds. You can download them to use on your site.
Takshila learning helps you to overcome your hassles regarding image optimization and creates a strong and effective presence in the marketing arena. The digital marketing tools and the software create the right mixture to highlight your valuable presence in the industry. So, join the course and feel the difference yourself in your professional excellence. There is nothing so much better than Takshila learning in getting the right equipment for promoting the business as well as the products to go in the right direction for the benefit of the customers.
Takshila optimizes every available tool to suit your digital marketing requirements!
Takshila Learning provides the best Online Digital Marketing Course in Hindi and SEO Online Course in Hindi to help you learn Digital Marketing courses with the utmost ease. Our Digital Marketing Video Lectures will help students to grasp concepts and Google Digital Marketing easily. Our Digital Marketing Online Course comprises Digital Marketing Video Lectures, Worksheets & Assignments, and Doubt sessions to monitor your progress along with Internship, Certificate, and faculty support to assist you at each step.
It’s worth starting an Online Digital Marketing Journey with us!
Enroll today & Get Free Demo Class!
Tag – How to optimize image online? / Image size optimization / Types of Image optimization / Image optimizer online / List of Image optimizer online / Image compressor / Digital Marketing