What is Fibre? and what is the Process of Fibre to Fabric? Class 6 Science
Online Class 6 Science: History of clothing
At an early age around 30000 years ago, people use to wear animal skin for clothing and to keep body warm wool was introduces 6000 years ago. The silk was introduced in 3000 BC in China and at the same time in India cotton was introduced. At that time these fabrics were not stitched, and they were just wrapped around the body. Even today, saree, lungi and other fabrics are unstitched and wore by wrapping around the body.
Ways of using fabric
Earlier time, stitching was not there. So, clothes draped and worn.
Nowadays, fabrics are stitched and then wore. Still, there are fabrics like saree which are draped.
What is Fibre?
- Clothes we wear are made up of fibers.
- Fiber is a thin thread-like strand from which cloth is made.
- It is flexible and strong for making clothes.
- With the fibers, the yarn is made.
What is Fabric?
When the yarn is weaved and knitted, it forms the fabric. They are made of different types of clothes like wool, cotton, silk and other synthetic materials. In our daily life, we use different kinds of fabric like a shirt, trouser, skirt, saree, etc.
Add images of fabrics
Yarn to Fabric
There are two process
- 1. Weaving– it is done with the help of a machine called loom which can be operated manually or with power. In this process, the fabric is prepared by two sets of yarn. When these two sets of yarn are arranged on the woven cloth then it is referred to the weave.
Two types of looms are used –
- a) Hand operated
- b) Power-operated
- 2. Knitting– It is done with the help of needle and machine. In this process, the fabric is prepared by multiples series of yarn. For example- the sweater is prepared from wool strands with the help of knitting.
Fiber to Yarn
Spinning- it is the process of making yarn from the fiber.
Spinning is done in two ways
- a) Hand spindle– it is a manual device also called Taldi used for spinning cotton.
- b) Chakra– It is also a manual device used for spinning cotton. Chakra is also a symbol of Independence movement in India.
- c) Machine- a power operated machine is also used for spinning cotton nowadays.
Click here for Types of Fibers .
For more notes of Class 6 Science, click blogs
for Class 6.
Interactive animated learning modules and NCERT solutions for all subjects of Class 6 available, click to NCERT Solutions to know more. Clear your doubts or study at home with our best faculties through live classes, click live classes for Class 6 to know more.
Follow us on a Social media
Call us: 8800999280/83/84 or fill the form for any other details:
Tag: What is Fibre?, Process of Fibre to Fabric, What is Fabric?, CBSE class 6 science, class 6 science notes