What are Biosphere Reserves? Conservation of Plants and Animals
Class 8 Science Biosphere reserves
- Biosphere reserves are the extended protected land mean at for the conservation of wild animals and plants.
- It is also meant to restore the traditional life of the tribals residing in the area.
- The biosphere reserves maintain the biological diversity of an area.
- The Biosphere Reserves of India are as follows:
- Wildlife sanctuaries are the regions where animals kept protected from any sort of disturbance to their habitat and their surroundings.
- They are also aimed at providing suitable and comfortable living conditions to the animals. Killing, poaching or capturing of animals is strictly prohibited in these regions.
- The sanctuaries in India have beautiful and unique landscapes, dense forests, bushes in the delta of the big river and mountain forests to protect the animals in their natural habitat.
- Animals like black buck, white-eyed buck, elephant, golden cat, gharial, marsh crocodile, rhinoceros, python, etc. are some of the threatened animals are protected and conserved in the wildlife sanctuaries.
- National parks are also established for the protection of flora and fauna.
- They are protected areas intended to provide a natural habitat with all natural resources to the animals where they can freely roam and use the habitat.
- These areas are extended and diverse enough to protect the entire ecosystem including the flora, fauna, historic objects, and the natural landscapes.
The National Parks of India are as follows:
- Are red data books for plants, animals, and various other species.
- It is maintained by the International Union for the conservation of Nature Resources (IUCN).
- It contains the most updated information on the global conservation status of species.
For NCERT Solutions and sample papers for Class 8th Maths, Science, and Social Science click on CBSE Class 8th.
For live classes, learning content, worksheets, and game-based learning activities register with us. Visit www.takshilalearning.com for details.
For more articles and videos for 8th science click below or subscribe our channel
Call us: 8800999280/8800999284 or fill the form for any other details:
0 responses on "What are Biosphere Reserves? Conservation of Plants and Animals Class 8 Science"