Veg, Non Veg Food EVS Worksheet for Class 1 CBSE/ICSE
This worksheet is for Class 1 Science, comprising the topic of Veg and Non-Veg Food. It will help students develop a better understanding of the types of food.
The completion of this worksheet will make students comprehend the following:
- What is the main distinction between vegetarian and non-vegetarian food?
- Between veg and non-veg, which food is better?
- What are the advantages of veg and non-veg food?
1. What is the main distinction between vegetarian and non-vegetarian food?
So have you ever noticed a menu card? Or a box of some bakery item?
Sometimes some items have a red dot and sometimes a green! That’s because red dots signify that the food item has egg or meat in it, whereas a green dot signifies that the food item is pure vegetarian.
All plant-based items, such as fruits, and vegetables, are considered a vegetarian diet. Whereas meat, animal-derived foods, animal by-products, fish, or poultry are all considered non-vegetarian diets.
Since most bakery items contain eggs, that is why they tend to have a red dot. However, if you consider yourself to be vegetarian, you can always ask shopkeepers for green dot or vegetarian items.
2. Between veg and non-veg, which food is better?
In order to decide which food is better, you must first research and identify what you believe in. If you feel comfortable eating animal bi-products for good taste and several benefits, eating non-vegetarian food will never be wrong. However, vegetarian food is the way to go if you feel uncomfortable that way.
Irrespective of vegetarian or non-vegetarian food, you should always eat healthy food. Eating a well-balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables and a reasonable quantity of meat is beneficial to one’s health. In place of meat, vegetarians can consume lentils, soya, and mushroom. Of all, fried meals have a delectable flavor, so having one now and again is not harmful. Similarly, a healthy diet for one day would not solve your health problems.
Healthy eating should not just be a way of life but a habit.
3. What are the advantages of veg and non-veg food?
- Roughage and fiber content are often high.
- There is no cholesterol in plant foods. However, if the dish you eat has lots of oil and other unhealthy things, it would end up being high in cholesterol.
- A good source of nutrients including chromium, potassium, and folate, all of which aid in preventing chronic illness.
- Rich in proteins with high biological value.
- Fish can prove to be a good source of calcium and Omega 3.
- Egg-white is a rich protein source, and it is easy to digest.
Now that we know all about the types of food, let’s try to answer some fun questions.
1. Identify if it is veg/non-veg:
- Cottage cheese
- Salted popcorn
2. Identify if the food is healthy/junk:
3. Match the picture with correct food:
Veg Non Veg Food EVS Worksheet for Class 1
Prepare Class 1 to 5th Class with our Live Video lectures and Online Tuition Classes
Here at Takshila Learning, we provide School Online Classes from Preschool to Class 12 for all subjects. We provide the best online tuition classes for Class 10 and other classes that comprise Video lectures and Online Live Classes that will help students to grasp concepts easily. We also provide Worksheets & Assignments, Doubt sessions, and NCERT Solutions for Class 6 to 12, So now Enjoy E-Learning with Takshila Learning.
Learning is fun now!
Subscribe to our social channel.
Enroll today & Get Free Demo Class!
0 responses on "Veg Non Veg Food EVS Worksheet for Class 1"