The keyboard Computers Worksheet CBSE/ICSE/NCERT
This worksheet is for Class 4 Computers, comprising the topic of keyboards. It will help students develop a better understanding of the keyboard and how and why it gets used.
The completion of this worksheet will make students comprehend the following:
- What is a keyboard?
- What are the types of keyboards?
- When was the first keyboard invented?
1. What is a keyboard?
A keyboard is one of the most used input devices for entering text into a computer or any other electronic device. A keyboard is among the most basic ways a user interacts with a computer. It consists of various buttons that generate numbers, symbols, and characters, as well as special keys such as the Windows and Alt keys that perform various duties. Typewriter keyboards inspire the keyboard’s design, and the numbers and letters are positioned on the keyboard to aid typing speed.
2. What are the types of keyboards?
The types of keyboards are as follows:
- Flexible keyboard: It is a soft silicone keyboard that is highly portable.
- Wireless keyboard: It is a computer keyboard without cables to connect to computers, laptops, or tablets. It uses Bluetooth, radio frequency (RF), and infrared (IR).
- Virtual keyboard: It is a software-based keyboard wherein a user can type without utilizing physical keys.
- Projection keyboard: It is a computer input device that connects to a tiny PC, tablet computer, or smartphone through Bluetooth.
- Mechanical keyboard: It is of excellent quality and often gets used at home and in business. It can last a long time and be durable and responsive.
- Ergonomic keyboard: This type of keyboard is excellent for improving posture. Rather than adapting to suit the keyboard, it fits the user comfortably, making it easy to use and reducing strain.
3. When did the first keyboard invent?
Several inventions contributed to the development of the computer keyboard, including typewriter keypunches and teleprinters. The earliest writing machines got created in the 1700s, and Henry Mills submitted a patent in London, England, in 1714.
1. Fill in the blanks:
- There are __________ arrow keys on the keyboard.
- Arrow keys move the cursor _____, _______, ______, and __________.
- The longest key on the keyboard is _____________.
- __________ key is used to erase letters typed on the left side of the cursor.
- ___________ key is used to jump the cursor to the next line.
2. State True/False:
- We can find the Rectangle tool in the Colors group.
- Enter key is used to delete a letter.
- The pointer moves as we move the mouse.
- Machines make our work difficult.
- The part of the screen of paint where you draw is known as the Text area.
- The part of the notepad window which shows the file name is the Title bar.
- A gamepad is used to put a computer mouse on.
- Right, left, up, down
- Space key
Prepare Class 4 Computer and other subjects with our Live Online Tuition tuition Classes
Here at Takshila Learning, we provide School Online Classes from Preschool to Class 12 for all subjects. We provide the best online tuition classes for Class 10 and other classes that comprise Video lectures and Online Live Classes that will help students to grasp concepts easily. We also provide Worksheets & Assignments, Doubt sessions and NCERT Solutions for Class 6 to 12. So now Enjoy E-Learning with Takshila Learning.
Learning is fun now!
Subscribe to our social channel.
Enroll today & Get Free Demo Class!
0 responses on "The keyboard Class 4 Computers Worksheet"