Difference between Taylor and Fayol Approach for Principles of Management
Comparison between Taylor and Fayol Approach for Principles of Management.
F.W.Taylor and Henri Fayol are associated with the classical management theory. Both of them contributed immensely towards the study of management as a discipline. The principles of Taylor and Fayol are mutually complementary to each other in the following terms:
Comparison Chart – Comparison between Taylor and Fayol Approach
|BASIS FOR COMPARISON||HENRY FAYOL||F.W. TAYLOR|
|Meaning||Henry Fayol, is a father of modern management who laid down fourteen principles of management, for improving overall administration.||F.W. Taylor, is a father of scientific management who introduced four principles of management, for increasing overall productivity.|
|Concept||General theory of administration||Scientific Management|
|Emphasis||Top level management||Low level management|
|Applicability||Universally applicable||Applies to specialized organizations only.|
|Basis of formation||Personal Experience||Observation and Experimentation|
|Orientation||Managerial function||Production and Engineering|
|System of Wage Payment||Sharing of profit with managers.||Differential Payment System|
|Approach||Manager’s approach||Engineer’s approach|
Watch the video for Comparison between Taylor and Fayol Approach for Principles of Management
Subscribe Youtube Channel For More Videos
Concern– Taylor’s principles and techniques are concerned with workers’ efficiency while Fayol’s are concerned with the overall efficiency of management.
Focus – Both Taylor and Fayol advocated the division of work and specialization. Taylor’s techniques follow bottom upward approach, whereas Fayol’s are based on the top downward approach. Taylor’s techniques are mainly with production activities, whereas Fayol’s have relevance in all functional areas. Taylors’ techniques are more specific while Fayols’ are more general and flexible in nature.
Beginning– Taylor started with improving the efficiency of operational workers at the shop level and later gave the principles if scientific management, while Fayol began by describing the functions of top management and then proceeded downward.
Emphasis – Taylor emphasized on standardization of work, methods and tools, time and motion study and scientific training of workers. But Fayol stressed upon the principles and theory of general administration and also the functions of managers.
Key Differences Between Fayol and Taylor’s Theory of Management
The difference between Fayol and Taylor’s Theory of Management, are explained in the points presented below:
1. Henry Fayol is a father of modern management who enunciated fourteen principles of management, for improving overall administration. As against, F.W. Taylor is a father of scientific management who developed four principles of management, for increasing overall productivity.
2. Henry Fayol introduced the concept of a general theory of administration. F.W. Taylor laid down the concept of Scientific Management.
3. Henry Fayol emphasized the working of top-level management, whereas F.W. Taylor stressed the working of production-level management.
4. Fayol’s management theory has universal applicability. Unlike Taylor, whose management theory applies to a number of organizations only.
5. The basis of the formation of Fayol’s theory is personal experience. Conversely, Taylor’s principles rely on observation and experimentation.
6. Fayol is oriented towards managerial function. On the contrary, Taylor focussed on production and engineering.
7. The system of wage payment determined by Taylor is differential piece rate system, while Fayol stressed on sharing of profits with managers.
8. The approach of Taylor is termed as Engineer’s approach. In contrast, Fayol’s approach is accepted as manager’s approach.
Business Finance and Financial management
DIRECTING: CONCEPT, FEATURES, PRINCIPLES, AND IMPORTANCE
Elements of Directing – Supervision
Get complete class 12 Business studies video course & online classes with the best faculty support. Try a free demo lecture on your mobile, Laptop & Desktop.
Here at Takshila Learning, we provide Online Tuition Classes from Preschool to Class 12 for all subjects. We provide the best online tuition classes that comprise Animated Video lectures and Live Interactive Classes that will help students to grasp concepts easily. We also provide Worksheets & Assignments, Doubt sessions, Free Encyclopedia, NCERT Solutions, and Exam Guru to monitor your progress, i.e., subject-wise and topic-wise. So now Enjoy E-Learning with Takshila Learning…
Learning is fun now!
Enroll today & Get Free Demo Class
Subscribe to our social channel.
Call at +91-8045681010 / +91-8800999284 fill the form for any other details:
Tag – Difference between Fayol and Taylor Class 12; Difference between Taylor and Fayol Principles of Management; Taylor and Fayol contribution to management; 8 Difference between Fayol and Taylor; School online classes; Management theory of Henry Fayol and Taylor; father of scientific management; father of modern management
0 responses on "Comparison between Taylor and Fayol Approach for Principles of Management"