Table Based Data Analysis & Interpretation : IBPS Exam Preparation
Online Banking Classes : Data Analysis forms an important topic in all banking exams as questions are expected from this topic in Preliminary as well as in the Main examination. Data analysis can be given to the aspirants in Tabular, Pie – chart form the data of which student has to analyze and give answers to the questions accordingly. Here, we are providing you a set which is based on Tabular form Data analysis.
Directions for Question No. 1-5: A survey has been conducted of moviegoers from five different cities A, B, C, D and E whose data is summarized below. The first column gives the percentage of viewers in each city who watch less than one movie a week. The second column gives the total number of viewers who watch one or more movies per week.
1. How many persons in city A watch less than one movie in a week?
a. 2540 b. 3600 c. 24000 d. 13600
2. Which city has the highest number of viewers who watch less than one movie a week?
a. City E b. City A c. City D d. City C
3. The city with the second highest number of movie watchers is
a. City E b. City D c. City B d. City C
4. The total number of all movie viewers in all the five cities who watch less than one movie per week is
a. 48000 b. 38000 c. 39500 d. 45250
5. How many persons in city E watch one or more movies in a week?
a. 8000 b. 3600 c. 4000 d. 4600
You can watch videos on data analysis by our best-experienced faculty; click here online classes for PO/Clerk Preparation
Solutions for Questions 1 – 5:
From the given data, we can calculate the exact number of persons who do not watch any movies.
For example, in city A:
The percentage of persons who watch movies = 100 – 60 = 40%
⇒The total number of persons in City A = (2400 / 40) × 100 = 6000
⇒The total number of persons in City A, who don’t watch any movie = (6000 × 60) / 100
Similarly, we can find out the data for the other cities.
For the practice of more Data Analysis sets of PO/Clerk level, click on IBPS Exam preparation
|City||No Movies||One or More Movies|
1. There are 3600 persons who watch less than one movie in a week.
2. The number of viewers who do not watch any movie is the highest, 24000, in city E.
3. In city B, the number of persons who watch a movie is 3000, which is the second highest amongst the 5 cities. Hence option (c) is correct.
4. This is calculated as: 3600+ 750+ 13600+ 3300+24000
5. There are 8000 persons who watch one or more movies in a week in city E.
Join us today…!
Learn more topics here..
Alphabet Series Tricks for Bank PO – Tricks For IBPS/SBI – PO & CLERK
Bank exam online coaching: We have the best of everything assembled together to deliver best results. You can join online classes for banking preparation to intensify your chances of cracking any banking exam.
- Complete coverage of the whole syllabus
- Interactive video sessions by our experienced faculties
- Chapter wise tests conducted regularly with analysis
- Online Test Series/ mock test papers with complete performance analysis
- Job Alerts/notifications