Chartered Accountancy (CA) is a professional certification in accounting. CAs or Chartered Accountants impact practically every aspect of finance, including taxation, auditing, and business economics. The role of an accountant has gotten more intensive and sophisticated in the current context, with the impact of GST, demonetization, and other regulatory accounting measures affecting the Indian Accounting and Economic system.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) regulates the CA profession in India. The ICAI offers the CA course in 3 levels, namely, the CA Foundation, CA Intermediate, and the CA Final.
ICAI has made the CA Intermediate level the initial step in gaining extensive knowledge about various Financial and Accounting issues while preparing for the CA programme.
In this blog, we will discuss some tips that will surely help you crack the CA Intermediate exam and pass it with flying colours.
Tips to Crack the CA Intermediate Level
1. Know your syllabus The first and foremost step is to be well-versed with the syllabus you would be studying for the course duration. We advise you to get an idea of the curriculum to identify your stronger and weaker areas and work on them accordingly. By knowing the course, you can also think of a strategy that would best work for you.
2. Make a study schedule To ace any examinations, not just the CA Intermediate, you must have a strict schedule to follow. That would allow you to have a routine and monitor your time. Monitoring your time comes in handy, as you realise areas that most absorb your time and areas which are really easy for you.
However, when we say that you must make a schedule, we mean that you make a realistic schedule. We don’t expect you to study 24*7 because you are obviously not a robot. So make a schedule that includes enough break time so you can spend some time recharging yourself.
3. Gather the right study material Examinations like the CA Intermediate have a lot of material available on the internet that floats around for free. Who is to say that all that material would be best suited for you? We hope you get our point – Find a course that would best suit your needs and learning style and stick religiously to it.
Another thing to keep note of is that the CA curriculum gets revised quite often. So make sure that any material you refer to is up-to-date and applicable for the year that you would take the exam for. Click for CA Inter Study Material
4.No number of revisions will ever be enough
As they say, practice makes perfect! We don’t mean that you keep going through the curriculum time and time again. But what we mean is for you to always approach the curriculum with a broader thought process and with different tips and tricks to master it. Keep revising the previously completed curriculum as you keep taking up new areas. That would help you strengthen your previous concepts while also linking the new concepts with the old ones.
5. Comprehend instead of memorizing We always encourage our students to understand concepts instead of memorising them. It always helps you in the long run as your memory may not support you 5-10 years down the line. So it is more than likely that you might forget such hard-earned concepts. But when you understand and learn something, it becomes etched in your mind. Believe us because we have tried this approach numerous times.
6. Solve mocks and previous year papers It is important to solve previous papers, ICAI mock papers and revision test papers, as that helps you get a taste of the exam pattern. You get a sense of the difficulty level of the exam, and you can also repeatedly analyse your performance that way. Putting yourself in an exam-like environment also prepares you for D-Day, and you get comfortable keeping yourself focused during the exam.
For any exam, be it the CA Intermediate level or the CA final exam, what matters most is your dedication and commitment to the exam. The most challenging part of an exam’s journey is staying focused, as today’s age offers so many distractions. So it is extremely easy for you to lose track of your goals, and we understand that because we feel you!
So our only suggestion to you here is to give yourself a constant reminder every day until the day of your exam of why you want to take the exam and what it means to you. That way, your goals would appear in front of you every time you distract yourself or end up not following your schedule. It will have a huge impact on how well you prepare.
So we wish you the very best of luck on this journey of pursuing your dream of becoming a CA. Check out our CA courses where the best of faculties help you make your dreams possible!
Tag – ca preparation, how to pass ca exam, how to pass ca inter exam, how to study ca inter, tips to crack ca inter level, ca intermediate exam tips, ca intermediate online classes, study tips for ca intermediate subjects