Reasoning Data Conclusion for Banking Exams
Banking Classes online : To conclude data from the given clue points is always asked in banking exams & so it is a must do topic before going for an exam. In these type of questions, some important clue points are given to the aspirants from which students have to solve the whole set.
Let us look at some problems:
Directions for Question No. 1-3: Study the following information carefully & answer the questions that follow:
- There is a group of 5 person P, Q, R, S and T
- In this group, there is one badminton player, one cricket player, and one table tennis player.
- P and S are unmarried ladies and do not play any games.
- No lady is a cricket player or a badminton player.
- There is a married couple in the group of which T is the husband.
- Q is the brother of R and is neither a cricket player nor a table tennis player.
1. Which of the following groups has only ladies?
a. PQR b. QRS c. RST d. None of these
2. Who is the table tennis player?
a. P b. R c. S d. T
3. Who is the wife of T?
a. R b. Q c. S d. None of these
4. Which of the following groups has only males?
a. PT b. ST c. QT d. QR
Solutions for Questions 1 to 3:
From statement (iii) we conclude that P and S are females and that they do not play any games. This implies the three games viz. badminton, cricket and table tennis must be played by the other 3 persons viz. Q, R, and T.
From statement (v) we conclude that T is a male and one of Q or R is a female.
From statement (vi) we conclude that Qis a male and hence R must be a female. The couple includes T and R.
From statement (iv) we conclude that R plays table tennis.
From statement (vi) we conclude that Q plays badminton and T plays cricket.
We can tabulate our conclusions as under:
Person Gender Game
P – Female None
Q – Male Badminton
R – Female Table Tennis
S – Female None
T – Male Cricket
T and R are the married couple.
1. Both Q and T are males. Hence (d) is the correct answer.
2. R is the table tennis player. Hence (b) is the correct answer.
3. T and R are the married couple. Hence (a) is the correct answer.
4. Both Q and T are males. Hence (c) is the correct answer.
5. Consider the following statements and answer the question that follows.
M, N, O, and P are all different individuals
M is the daughter of N.
N is the son of O
O is the father of P.
Which among the following statements is contradictory to the above statements?
a. P is the father of M. b. O has three children.
c. M has one brother. d. M is the granddaughter of O.
Sol : From the given information, we can draw the following family tree:
As we already know that N is a male and is the father of Father of M hence P can never be the father of M.
Hence (a) is the correct answer.
Start your Bank Exam preparation with us…!
- Well qualified & experienced faculty
- Impeccable online study material
- Regular Topic-wise articles on all the subjects.
- Pioneer in online test series
- Online bank coaching classes
- Job Alerts
Join us today…!
Practice English and Reasoning with online test series for bank PO. Learn more articles here..
For more information regarding job alerts, articles, study material, online test series, register with Takshila Learning.
Takshila Learning is one of the best online bank coaching sites which offers offline and online classes for banking exams, online test series for IBPS/SBI exams, various different packages for SBI PO, SBI Clerk, IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, RRB, etc. Demos and free videos for bank PO preparation are available, for details click online bank exam preparation or visit www.takshialearning.com
Follow us on a Social media
Call us: 8800999280/8800999284 or fill the form for any other details: