Quantitative Aptitude Mathematical Puzzle for IBPS PO & CLERK
You can expect questions being asked in the form of Puzzles in Quantitative Aptitude section. The questions from this topic mainly require basic knowledge & concept of Percentage, Ratio & Proportion & Average. In this blog, we will be discussing questions based on this topic:
Direction (Q. 1-5): Study the following information carefully and answer the questions given below:
An organization consists of 1500 employees.The ratio of males to females is 17: 13. All the employees work at five different levels I, II, III, IV and V. 28% females are at level I. 18% males work at level II. 20% of males work at level V. The ratio of females to males at level II is 2: 3. 25% of the total number of employees is at level III. Females working at level V are 60% of the males working at level1.18% of the females are at level IV. The remaining females are at level III.20% of the males work at level I, and the remaining males work at level IV.
Q1. What is the total number of males who work at level I and III together?
(e) None of these
Q2. The number of females working at the level II is approximately what per cent of the total number of employees in the organisation?
Q3. What is the number of females who work at level V?
Q4. What is the total number of females who work at level I and V together?
Q5. Find the ratio of the number of males working at level I to the number of females working at level III.
(e) None of these
1. d; Total number of males working at level I and III together = 170 + 228 = 398
2. d;Reqd % = (102 / 1500) ×100 = 6.8% » 7%
4.d;Total number of females working a level I and V together = 182 + 102 = 284
5. c;Reqd ratio = 170 / 147 = 170: 147
Directions (Q. 6 – 8): Study the information carefully to answer these questions.
Ina team there are 240 members (males and females). Two-thirds of them are males .Fifteen per cent of males are graduates. Remaining males are non-graduates.Three-fourths of the females are graduates. Remaining females arenon-graduates.
6. What is the difference between the number of females who are non-graduates and the number of males who aregraduates?
7. What is the sum of the number of females who are graduates and the number of males who are non-graduates?
8. What is the ratio of the total number of males to the number of females who are non-graduates?
Total number of members (males + females) = 240
Number of males = 240 × (2 / 3) = 160
Number of males who are graduates = 160 × (15 / 100) = 240
Number of males who are non graduates= 160 – 24 = 136
Number of females = 240 – 160 = 80
Now the number of females who are graduates = 80 ×(3 / 4)= 60
Number of females who are non graduates= 80 – 60 = 20
6.c; Difference = 24 – 20 = 4
7. e; Required sum = 60 + 136 = 196
8. b; Required ratio =160 / 20 = 8: 1
For banking course of SBI, IBPS PO / Clerk Exams, visit www.takshilalearning.comformore details.
- Online coaching for Bank PO / Clerk exams.
- Live Crash course for PO, SO, Clerk exams.
- Online speed test
- Complete study material.
- Online mock test for bank exams with detailed analysis & explanation.
- Faculty Support.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Job alerts and notifications.
Learn more quizzes here for Competitive exam preparation
Follow us on a Social media
Call us: 8800999280/8800999284 or fill the form for any other details:
Important Tags : Mathematical Puzzle for IBPS PO , Quantitative Aptitude Mathematical Puzzle , Puzzle for IBPS PO