CS Foundation – Business Management & Ethics – Meaning & Process of Delegation of Authority
Delegation of Authority
Business Management & Ethics : A manager alone cannot perform all the tasks assigned to him. In order to meet the targets, the manager should delegate authority.
A delegation of Authority means the division of authority and powers downwards to the subordinate. Delegation is an administrative process of getting things done by others by giving them responsibility.
Delegation is about entrusting someone else to do parts of your job. A delegation of authority can be defined as subdivision and sub-allocation of powers to the subordinates in order to achieve effective results.
Watch the recorded explanation of Delegation of Authority by clicking CS Foundation online Classes.
Process of Delegation
- Assignment of Duties to Subordinates: Before duties are delegated, the duties which the delegator wants to allocate to the subordinates must be decided.
Here, the manager lists the activities to be performed along with the targets to be achieved, and the same is spelled out to the subordinates. Thus, in the first stage, the duties are assigned to the subordinates as per their job roles.
- Transfer of Authority to perform the duty:At this stage, an adequate authority is delegated to the subordinate which is essential to perform the duty assigned to him.
A manager must make sure; that authority is strictly delegated just to perform the responsibility, as more authority may lead to its misuse by the subordinate. This denotes passing on the formal rights to act on behalf of another.
- Acceptance of the Assignment: At this stage, the subordinate either accepts or rejects the tasks assigned to him by his superior. When one is given “rights”, one must also be assigned a corresponding “obligation” to perform.
Actually, one has to recognize two forms of responsibility: operating responsibility and ultimate responsibility. While the former can be delegated the latter is absolute.
- Accountability:At the end of the delegation process, accountability of subordinate is created i.e. subordinate will be held answerable for the duties assigned to them.
For a detailed explanation on this, click here CS Foundation online classes.
Barriers to Delegation
- Fear of Loss of Power
- Certain personal attitudes
- Lack of ability to direct well
Study in detail barriers to delegation by clicking CS Foundation online classes.
Learn Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) important topic for CS Foundation.
Register with Takshila Learning for more articles, CS Foundation Papers, Business Management Notes. We offer CS Foundation, Executive and Professional online classes along with books, MCQs and doubt sessions.
For a Free Demo call @ +91-88009-99280/83/84 or fill the
form for any other details:
Fill the form for Free Demo Class!!
Currently, we are providing classes for CBSE, ICSE, and International Board only.
- Accounts (4)
- Banking PO/CLERK Exams (576)
- CA (94)
- CA Final (25)
- Career Counselling (10)
- CBSE Class (823)
- cbse class 11 classes (3)
- Class 12 Business Studies Sample Paper (10)
- CMA (54)
- CMA Inter (16)
- Company Secretary (218)
- Competitive Exam Preparation (8)
- Current Affairs for bank exams (1)
- day celebration (82)
- Earn Money Online (1)
- General (Tips, facts, education, science related) (78)
- GS Quiz For IBPS CLERK , SBI PO, IBPS PO, SBI CLERK, SSC, RRB, DMRC, IR (34)
- IBPS CLERK 2017 (1)
- IBPS Exam Schedule (3)
- IBPS PO 2017 (1)
- Indian Festivals and Important date -Short Essay (68)
- Investing (2)
- Job Notification (14)
- News (2)
- Nursery Class (UKG and LKG Class) (16)
- Online Digital Marketing Course (61)
- Professionals Courses (3)
- Python Course (6)
- Sample Paper (6)
- SSC Preparation (18)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Why Takshila online Classes (31)
- Worksheets (153)