How to prepare SBI CLERK Exam 2018 with latest SBI Clerk 2018 syllabus
SBI Clerk 2018 Syllabus – SBI Clerk Syllabus 2018 and topic wise exam pattern for prelims and mains exams:
In order to crack the SBI Clerk 2018 exam of clerical junior assistant, candidates need to clear two rounds of exams through online mode.
The first round (preliminary examination) is held in the last week of March 2018.
The second round (main examination) will be held on 12th May 2018.
In this article you will get all the information related to the exam pattern and syllabus for SBI clerk 2018 in detail.
Aspirants need to take few online mock tests, apply time management skills and refer the best SBI clerk study material to prepare in good manner.
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2018 for Prelims Exam
|Name of Section||Qs||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
This exam is conducted in the last week of March 2018. It is a one hour long exam containing 100 questions. Total marks of this exam is 100. The exam is divided into three categories
1. English language – this section has 30 questions and carries total of 30 marks
2. Numerical ability – this section has 35 questions and carries total of 35 marks
3. Reasoning ability – this section has 35 questions and carries total of 35 marks
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2018 for Mains Exam
|Name of test||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
This exam has duration of 2 hours and 40 minutes. It contains 190 questions, and carries total of 200 marks.
It is divided into the following sections:
- General/financial awareness – this section contains 50 questions and carries total of 50 marks. It has a duration of 35 minutes.
- General English – this section contains 40 questions and carries total of 40 marks. It has a duration of 35 minutes.
- Quantitative aptitude – this section contains 50 questions and carries total of 50 marks. It has a duration of 45 minutes.
- Reasoning ability and computer aptitude – this section contains 50 questions and carries total of 60 marks. It has a duration of 45 minutes.
The result of this exam is declared in the third week of August.
To know the exact dates, kindly connected with us on our blogs section.
SBI Clerk Exam pattern: General rules
- Candidates need to qualify the exams by securing passing marks in each of the sections separately.
- The number of candidates shortlisted in each section (ideally, 20 times the vacancy available) shall qualify for the next round of recruitment process.
- For the main exam, each section has its assigned duration.
- The questions (except for General English) will be bilingual (English and Hindi).
- For the main exam, there will be negative marking for objective type sections. 1/4th mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
Topic Wise SBI Clerk 2018 exam online Classes
In both the SBI Clerk online tests, the candidates are tested in the following fields. Candidates must prepare for the exams based on the syllabus given below.
SBI Clerk Numerical ability Syllabus
Profit and loss
Ratio and proportion
Elementary number theory
C.F and L.C.M
Unitary method compound interest
Mensuration and statistics
SBI Clerk Reasoning Syllabus
Analogies (meaning based and logical)
Sequential output tracing
Directions and arrangements (circular arrangements)
Codes (sentence coding)
SBI Clerk English language Syllabus
SBI Clerk General awareness Syllabus
Knowledge of current affairs
Technology and research
SBI Clerk Basic computer knowledge Syllabus
Some Important Tips And Tricks For SBI Clerk Preparation : How to prepare SBI CLERK Exam 2018
As said earlier, if you want to crack SBI Clerk exam, you need to make a good SBI Clerk Preparation Strategy –
1. In-depth knowledge of the syllabus: It is important that you know which topics are included in the SBI Clerk syllabus.
Once you have an idea about the syllabus, you can plan your SBI Clerk preparation accordingly.
You must also remember that certain topics are more important than others.you need to create a sheet of topics priority wise.
This means you have to spend more time on them in order to achieve mastery over them.
2. Create a time table for your study: after taking knowledge of syllabus now you have to create a time table and stick to it.
Allocate time based on your strengths and weaknesses, i.e. spend more time on subjects/topics you are weak at.
If your Numerical Ability is weak, spend more time solving numerical questions.
Having a smart and realistic time table will make your SBI Clerk preparation easier.
3. Read Newspapers on Regular Interval: Reading regularly plays a crucial role in competitive entrance exams like SBI Clerk.
Your SBI Clerk preparation time table must have a separate time allocated for reading newspapers and magazines.
Spend two hours daily on reading. This will help you the most in your SBI Clerk preparation for English Language section,
General Awareness section and Computer Aptitude section. Note down important points and new words as you read.
4. Understand the concepts and the theory properly: Rather than learning the shortcuts to solve a problem, it is important that you understand the related concepts and theories first. This is very important for sections like Numerical Ability (or Quantitative Aptitude) and Reasoning Ability. Once that is achieved, you can learn the shortcuts. Your SBI Clerk preparation must not have any loopholes or gaps. For English Language section, learning the theory, i.e. the basic grammatical rules is very crucial.
5. Learn the formulas thoroughly: The Quantitative Aptitude section has innumerable formulas to remember. Also, it is important that you learn the derivations of the formulas too and practice them regularly. Doing this during your SBI Clerk preparation will help in better retention. Also, this will help you to derive a formula in case you forget it during the exam.
6. Do more and more Practice diligently: Every time you finish a chapter or a topic, solve SBI Clerk practice questions from that chapter/topic. The more you practice, the better. Start with the easy ones and slowly move on to more difficult questions. Mark the questions you find difficult to solve/answer and revise them later. Regular practice is a must in your SBI Clerk 2018 exam preparation.
7. Practice on your time management skills: High level of accuracy alone cannot guarantee high score. Accuracy at the cost of loss of time will lead to low score. So, your SBI Clerk preparation must look after your time management skills as well. There must be a balance between speed and accuracy. Once the basics are cleared, try to solve practice questions in a time bound manner. If you are spending more time on a particular question, you must revise and learn the related concepts.
8. Revise your syllabus regularly: Like any other exams, SBI Clerk preparation too needs regular revision. Otherwise, you will forget what you have learnt. Allocate 2 hours daily for revision.
9. Take SBI Clerk mock tests for practice: Once you have finished the entire syllabus,
take full length SBI Clerk mock tests and assess your performance. Identify your weak areas and work on them to improve.
Embibe gives detailed analysis of your tests which makes it easier for you to know where you need to focus. Also,
your SBI Clerk preparation will be incomplete if you do not solve SBI Clerk previous year papers.
Get Prepare online for SBI Clerk 2018 Exam with Takshila Learning Study Material. Our Study Material covers Latest Video Lectures, Sample Papers, Mock Test, Tips & Tricks, Daily Current Affairs, Practice Papers and Doubt Solving facility for every subjects.
For Daily Current Affairs visit our webiste: Daily Current Affairs
Get SBI Clerk online classes at Takshila Learning in your Budget.