Preparation for CS Executive – Economics, Business & Commercial Laws Exam
Preparation for CS Executive EBCL
The Company Secretary (CS) certification is a course in the law domain of an organisation. Individuals get validated about their knowledge of the legal system of a business with the CS certification. The primary responsibility of a CS is to function as an employee per organisational demands.
With such a prestigious certification that is widely sought after, of course, there is a lot of hardship involved to prepare for this exam. Therefore, in this blog, we will discuss some quick tips to help you prepare for one of the subjects of the CS Executive level.
The CS Executive is the second level of the CS certification. Candidates can appear for the CS Executive level only after clearing the CS Foundation or the CSEET. The primary goal of the executive phase is to provide students with the technical know-how of the legal aspects of the country.
As a part of the CS Executive exam preparation, candidates study the fundamentals of business law in preparation for the CS test. This subject is included in the curriculum to familiarise candidates with the economic and commercial regulations of the country. A CS must know and understand legal implications to understand the economic progress of the country. It is because the legal community is required to bear the obligation of understanding the country’s legal framework.
Given the significance of this subject for all students, it is one of the most important subjects in the CS Executive Examination. It gets covered in the CS Executive Module 2. It gets included in the curriculum to provide a hands-on experience to students to understand legal and economic concepts.
CS Executive Subjects
CS Executive exam comprises of two modules with four papers each.
The two modules are as follows:
|MODULE – I||MODULE – II|
|Jurisprudence, Interpretation & General Laws||Corporate and Management Accounting|
|Company Law||Securities Laws & Capital Markets|
|Setting up of Business Entities & Closure||Economic, Business & Commercial Laws|
|Tax Laws||Financial & Strategic Management|
Preparation strategy for the CS Executive Exam
Economic, Business, and Commercial Laws is an adaptive subject that gets constantly refined by new legislation, rules and regulations. As a result, every student must stay updated about the different legislative changes and judicial declarations via the Institute’s e-bulletin and other professional/law publications. Let us look at some other tips that you could use to ace the test –
- Understanding of subject requirements: First and foremost, students must understand the requirements of the subject. You must understand the function and obligations of a CS in dealing with situations specified in the numerous acts, i.e. comprehending the practical application of the laws written.
- Understanding of subject fundamentals: Students should comprehend the fundamental provisions of all relevant acts, rules, and regulations.
- Fundamental subject topics: Students must be aware of the principles and essential provisions, revisions to the Acts, powers, characteristics, and functions of the Acts’ provisions, particularly before the test.
- Dynamic subject: Students must remember that it is not a static topic like accounting or costing, but rather one with many dynamic features because rules change from time to time.
- Refer to recent case studies on the SEBI website: While studying for the exam, students must refer to relevant instances from current events in and around the business to strengthen their concepts.
- Regular Updation: Update yourself on any relevant circulars, clarifications, notices, etc., published by the MCA, SEBI about any judicial pronouncements, provisions, etc., six months before the exams.
- Focusing on strengthening analytical Skills: Students must focus on analytical skills rather than theoretical knowledge. Case laws should be well understood and applied to real-world business challenges.
How should you study Economics, Business & Commercial Laws?
To study for the Economics, Business & Commercial Laws paper, the best approach is to –
- Refer to Bare Acts to understand the provisions better.
- Make short notes of your own.
- Do not skip any topic.
- Solve as many mock papers as possible.
- Revise at least 2 times before exams.
CS Executive Exam Study Plan
- Complete understanding of Study Material
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) provides study material for candidates pursuing the CS course. Go through those resources and other supplementary material available and understand concepts instead of mugging them up.
- Make notes regularly
Make brief and easy notes of the subjects as you keep progressing. It will not only help you recall the previously covered areas of the curriculum, but it will also help you with your revisions.
This activity would also help enhance your writing speed.
- Follow a proper routine
Create a timetable to ensure that you complete the syllabus in time. The goal should be to finish one chapter at a time. You can create weekly or monthly routines, with breaks to help you recharge.
- Set targets
Set attainable goals every day. Do not set goals that are unachievable and unrealistic. It will only add to the exam burden and be of no use.
Candidates should complete the curriculum at least three months before the test. A month and a half should be set aside for review. During the revision phase, look through the previously completed chapters and address the weak areas.
- Analyze actual performance every week
Examine each week’s activities to see if there are any backlogs. Monitor the amount of work put in and alter the timetable as needed.
- Don’t do the following things –
- Never pick and choose topics; instead, progress in order of the curriculum.
- Don’t use outdated study materials, as it is vital for you to stay up-to-date with the recent advancements in the curriculum.
- Try to finish your revision as soon as possible – Don’t leave anything undone or incomplete. Time management is essential.
Learn How to prepare JIGL for CS Executive exams
Company Secretary (CS) Exam Syllabus
All great things require work! So it is only natural that the CS course also tests you to your limits. But the best practice to fight back is to manage your time well and stay dedicated through the entire journey. So, we hope that these small tips will help you ace your exams.
Find out more details about the CS Preparation Classes offered by Takshila Learning.
We wish you all the best!
Takshila Learning provides Online classes for all CS Executive Subjects and CS Executive Study Material that are based on the newest ICSI Syllabus and taught by India’s greatest professors. The main objective of Takshila learning is to assist students in passing their tests and becoming CAs & CS with good scores in their first attempt itself.
Subscribe to our social channel.
Call at 08045681010 / 8800999284 fill the form for any other details:
Tag – Preparation for CS Executive; how to study for cs executive; Preparation for CS Executive EBCL; CS Executive Subjects; CS Executive Exam Study Plan; cs executive study material; CS Executive Online Classes; cs executive new syllabus; Preparation Tips for CS Executive Economics, Business & Commercial Laws Exam;
0 responses on "Preparation for CS Executive - Economics, Business & Commercial Laws Exam"