Phrasal Verbs Solutions English Grammer SBI / IBPS Bank PO & Clerk
PHRASAL VERBS SOLUTIONS FOR BANKING
A phrasal verb is a verb followed by a preposition or an adverb; the combination creates a meaning different from the original verb alone. Below are some of the most common phrasal verbs used in the English language:
Phrasal verb meaning
- add up to equal
- breakdown stop functioning (vehicle, machine etc.)
- check in arrive and register at a hotel or airport
- get away with doing something without being noticed or punished
- get back at retaliate, take revenge
- hang on waiting for a short duration
- hang out spending time with friends relaxing, enjoying
- hang up end a phone call
- look up to having a lot of respect
- pass away die
- run over drive a vehicle over a person or thing
- tear up rip apart into pieces
- turn down refuse
- workout exercise
- look into investigating
For the practice sets on Phrasal verbs& more, click on IBPS exam preparation.
- look after taking care of
- look for try to find
- log in signing into a website
- log out signing out from a website
- call on visit someone
- check out leave a hotel
- do away with discard
- fall apart break into pieces
- give up stop trying
- grow up becoming more mature
- keep on doing continue doing
- keep up continue doing at the same rate as earlier
- let down disappoint
- let in allow someone to enter
- come across finding something or someone unexpectedly
- put off postpone
- put out extinguish
- put together assemble
- throw away dispose of
- think over consider
- wake up stop sleeping
- workout doing exercise
- pick out choosing something
Key features of Takshila Learning:
- High-Quality video lectures by our experienced faculties accessible through SD card.
- Online Study Material
- Regular Topic-wise articles on all the subjects.
- MCQs based Tests & Quizzes.
- Online Test Series
- Online classes for PO and Clerk.
- General Awareness and English classes for competitive exams.
- Daily Gk updates
We also provide online mock tests for IBPS Clerk, IBPS PO, and RRB. Takshila Learning regularly offers you different blogs and articles on important topics, news, and information related to banking exams. In this article, the topic ‘Phrasal Verb’ from English section has been explained.
Follow us on a Social media