CBSE Class 7 Science – Chapter 1 – Nutrition in Plants
NCERT Solutions Class 7 science: In this article, we will talk about chapter- 1 of Class 7 Science. When we look around we find a variety of living organisms with different shape, structure, and sizes. If we will observe we will find some similarities in the life activities. They perform various processes like nutrition, respiration, growth, and reproduction.
We all eat food to survive; that food gives us energy. Food consists of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, and minerals. They together are called nutrients.
For animated videos of class 7th online classes on nutrition please click Class 7th online classes
Nutrition is the process of taking food by an organism and its digestion, absorption, and utilization by the body.
Modes of Nutrition
- Autotrophic mode of nutrition-The word auto means self and trophos means nutrition. The mode of nutrition in which an organism makes its own food from simple substances like carbon dioxide, water, and minerals present in the surroundings is called autotrophic nutrition. Organisms having an autotrophic mode of nutrition are called autotrophs. All green plants and some bacteria are autotrophs.
- Heterotrophic mode of nutrition-The word hetero means other and trophos means nutrition. The mode of nutrition in which an organism cannot make its own food from the simple substances but obtain readymade food made by green plants directly or indirectly is called heterotrophic mode of nutrition and such organism are called heterotrophs
NCERT solutions Class 7 Science are available on our science section.
The process of preparing food by autotrophs is called photosynthesis. Photos mean light and synthesis means to build, thus photosynthesis means building up by light.
We will now understand what the meaning of chlorophyll is. The leaves of a plant are green because they contain tiny green colored bodies called chloroplasts.
The process by which green plants make their own food (like glucose) from carbon dioxide and water by using sunlight energy in the presence of chlorophyll is called photosynthesis.
The food prepared by the green leaves of a plant is in the form of a simple sugar called glucose. This glucose is sent to the different parts of the plant. Starch is the extra glucose is changed into another food. Glucose and starch are carbohydrates.
Materials for photosynthesis
- Water and minerals-The water and minerals required by the plants for photosynthesis are absorbed by the roots of the plants from the soil through the process of osmosis.
- Carbon dioxide. The green plants take carbon dioxide gas from the air for carrying out l is a green photosynthesis
- Chlorophyll-Chlorophyll is a green pigment present in the cell organelle called chloroplast.
- Sunlight-The green plants can make food in the presence of sunlight.
In the next article for Class 7 science, we will discuss the importance of photosynthesis and protein and fats.
Takshila Learning is an emerging site which promotes smart classes from school to your home. Smart kids learn with smart classes at home. We offer various courses from school to professional level. Also, serve live coaching to make your studies efficient and productive. For details visit www.takshilalearning.com
Call us : 8800999280/8800999284 or fill the form for any other details: