Odd One Out and Series Based Questions Bank PO Exams
Takshila Learning is an e-learning platform known for Online Banking classes, online test series for IBPS/SBIexams.
- Online coaching for Bank PO exams.
- Online practice test for bank clerical exam with detailed analysis &explanation
- Regular blogs and articles on important topics, news.
- Online mock test for IBPS PO and Clerk
- Previous Year Papers
- Job Alerts and Notifications
ODD ONE OUT & SERIES
In these type of questions, a set of numbers is given in such a way that all numbers except one satisfy a particular pattern.The one which does not satisfy the pattern that is followed is to be taken out & will be our answer.
Some important Number series:
- Prime Number Series Eg: 2,3,5,7,11,……………..
- Even Number Series Eg:2,4,6,8,10,12,…………
- Odd Number Series: Eg: 1,3,5,7,9,11,……………
- Perfect Square Series: Eg: 1,4,9,16,25,…………..
- Perfect Cube Series: Eg: 1,8,27,64,125,…………
6.Arithmetic Progression (A.P) Series: Eg: 15,12,9,6,3…………….
- Geometric Progression(G.P) Series: Eg: 192,48,12,3,…………..
Let us understand the concept of Odd One Out with the help of some examples:
Ques: Find the odd one out in the below series:
Sol: In the above series except 14 all numbers are odd numbers. So, 14 is the odd one.
Sol: In the above series all numbers except 27 are perfect squares. So, 27 is the odd one.
Sol: In the above series all numbers except 49 are prime numbers. So, 49 is the odd one.
For the practice of Odd One Out, click on Online Bank Exam Preparation
Sol: In the above series, all numbers except 27 are perfect squares. So 27 is the odd one.
Sol: In the above series, all numbers except 81 are perfect cubes. So, 81 is the odd one.
Sol: The above series follows the pattern: 5*6,6*7,7*8,8*9,9*10,10*11
So it will be 30,42,56,72,90,110. So, 114 is the odd one.
Sol: In the above series, subtract 20,25,30,35,40,45 from the terms.So, 0 is the odd one.
Sol: In the above series, alternatively add 4 and double the next term.So, 132 is the odd one.
Watch banking classes Live Demo here…
Learn Average Solved Questions for IBPS, SBI Questions & Answers here..
Follow us on a Social media