NCERT Solutions is known as an extremely helpful resource for preparing for the exam. Takshila Learning provides its learners with access to a wealth of NCERT A Different Kind Of School problems and their solutions. CBSE Class 6 English Chapter 5 NCERT Solutions a different kind of school pdf are built by subject matter experts, so be sure to train learners for a good grade. The questions set out in the NCERT a different kind of school question answer.
NCERT Solution For Class 6 English Chapter 5 – A Different Kind Of School provides us with all-inclusive information on all concepts. As students would have to learn the basics about the subject in class 6 a different kind of school question answer, this curriculum for class 6 is comprehensive study material, which explains the concepts in a great way.
Put these sentences from the story in the right order and write them out in a paragraph. Don’t refer to the text.
- I shall be so glad when today is over.
- Having a leg tied up and hopping about on a crutch is almost fun, I guess.
- I don’t think I’ll mind being deaf for a day — at least not much.
- But being blind is so frightening.
- Only you must tell me about things.
- Let’s go for a little walk.
- The other bad days can’t be half as bad as this.
Let’s go for a little walk. Only you must tell me about things. I shall be so glad when today is over. The other bad days can’t be half as bad as this. Having a leg tied up and hopping about on a crutch is almost fun, I guess. I don’t think I’ll mind being deaf for a day − at least not much. But being blind is so frightening.
Answer the following questions.
- Why do you think the writer visited Miss Beam’s school? (1)
- What was the ‘game’ that every child in the school had to play? (9)
- “Each term every child has one blind day, one lame day…” Complete the line. Which day was the hardest? Why was it the hardest? (9, 11, 15)
- What was the purpose of these special days? (5, 9)
- The writer visited Miss Beam’s school because he had heard a great deal about it.
- The ‘game’ that every child in the school had to play was that each term every child had one blind day, one lame day, one deaf day, one injured day and one dumb day. This was done to make the children appreciate and understand misfortune.
- “Each term every child has one blind day, one lame day, one deaf day, one injured day and one dumb day.”
The dumb day was the hardest. This was because the children’s mouths could not be bandaged, so they really had to exercise their will power to remain silent. But the bandaged girl said that being blind was so frightening. Her head ached all the time just from worrying that she would get hurt.
- The purpose of these special days was to teach thoughtfulness − kindness to others, and being responsible citizens. To make the children appreciate and understand misfortune, they were made to share in misfortune too.
Match the words and phrases with their meanings in the box below.
|3.||it pains me||(7)|
|Almost||it hurts me||terrible|
|test the strength of||understanding the difficulties|
|wanting to be home||a welcome change||not very caring|
|1.||homesick||−||Wanting to be home|
|3.||it pains me||−||It hurts me|
|4.||appreciate||−||Understanding the difficulties|
|5.||thoughtless||−||Not very caring|
|6.||exercise||−||Test the strength of|
|7.||relief||−||A welcome change|
Re-word these lines from the story:
- I had heard a great deal about Miss Beam’s school.
- Miss Beam was all that I had expected — middle-aged, full of authority.
- I went to the window which overlooked a large garden.
- “We cannot bandage the children’s mouths, so they really have to exercise their willpower.”
- I had come to know a lot about the school run by Miss Beam.
- Miss beam was everything I had thought her to be — in the middle years of her life and authoritative.
- I reached a window which opened in front of a garden of a large size.
- “The children’s mouths cannot be put into bandages, so an exercise of willpower is required on their part.”
Tag – NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English; NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English Chapter 5; Class 6 English Chapter 5; A Different Kind Of School; A Different Kind Of School pdf; A Different Kind Of School question answer; A Different Kind Of School summary
Book free Demo Class
for CBSE/ICSE Board Online Tuition Class
NCERT Solutions For Class 6 English
NCERT Solutions For Class 6 English