NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science Tissues Ch 6
Class 9 Science Chapter 6 Tissues In this article, we will discuss an important topic ‘Tissues and Types of Tissues’ of Class 9 Science.
Tissues – Our body is made up of Tissues. When the number of cells combines and perform the same function, then it is called Tissues. There are two types of tissues – Plant Tissues and Animal Tissues.
Type of Tissues:
Let’s explain in details:
The Plant Tissues
These are the Dividing Tissues which are located in specific regions.
- Apical Meristem – These are present at the tip of the stem and roots. They increase the length of the plant.
- Intercalary Meristem– These are present at the base of the leaves and at inter nods. It helps in the growth of the inner nodal region.
- Later Meristem – There are present on lateral sides of steam and roots. It increases the diameter due to the cambium.
Structure of Meristem–
- They have dense cytoplasm to the nucleus.
- They have a thin wall of cellulose and do not have vacuoles.
The Function of Meristem is to divide and help in growth.
For more details on Plant Tissues, clickCBSE Class 9 Science
When the cell of Meristematic Tissues loses their ability to divide, then it becomes Permanent Tissues.
Types of Permanent Tissues–
Simple Tissues- It is the basic Packing Tissue which is made up of only one type of Tissue.
Types of Simple Tissues-
- Parenchyma –
- These are livening and elongated cell.
- They are loosely packed with Large Intracellular Space.
- They are a thin
Types of Parenchyma–
- Chlorenchyma- It contains chlorophyll and helps in performing Photosynthesis.
- Aerenchyma- In the aquatic plants, Parenchyma contains large air cavities (space) which help it have to float.
- They are living an elongated cell.
- Intracellular Spaces are small.
- The Cells are thick at the Corner.
- They provide mechanical support to the plant.
- They make the plant flexible.
- Sclerenchyma –
- It is dead without intracellular space.
- It is made up of long, narrow cells.
- The wall is thick due to deposition of Lignin.
Functions– It makes the Plant hard and stiff, it provides strength to the plant.
Location – It is present around the vascular bundles, views of leaves.
Present in the musk of the coconut and nut cover.
The three simple permanent TISSUES
Complex Tissue- It is called so it is made up of more than two tissues.
Epidermal Cell– It is a single layer of the cell forming an outer nest cover of the Plant.
Stomata– These are the small opening presents on the Cover surface of the leaves. It is surrounded by 2 kidneys shape guard cells.
- Exchange of gas.
- Transpiration- The loss of excess water in the form of water vapor from the leaves through Stomata is called Transpiration. Note-> Epidermal cell of the root have rooted hair increase the surface area of absorption.
Desert Plants are covered by Cutins (Water Proof Coating) to present loss of Water.
Watch and learn Plant and Animal Tissues with Class 9 Science online classes.
Follow US on Social Media :
0 responses on "NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science Tissues Ch 6"