CBSE & NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science Is Matter Around us Pure Compounds
NCERT Solutions Class 9 Science:- In this article, we will discuss Compounds.
A compound is a substance made up of two or more elements chemically combined in the fixed proportion by mass.
Eg:-Water is a compound made up of two elements hydrogen and oxygen, chemically combined in a fixed proportion of 1:8 by mass.
Some of the examples of compounds are – Ammonia, carbon dioxide, ice, steam, methane, glucose, baking soda and sodium hydroxide.
Compounds can be further divided into three classes:-
For questions answers, worksheets on Food, click Class 9 Science.
Properties of Compound
- A compound cannot be separated into its components by physical methods.
- The properties of a compound are entirely different from those of its constituent elements
- Energy is usually either given out or absorbed during the preparation of a compound.
- A compound has a fixed melting and boiling point
- The composition of a compound is fixed; the constituents are present in a fixed proportion by mass.
- A compound is a homogeneous mixture. It appears to be same throughout its mass.
Watch and learn compounds in an interesting manner. For demo click 9 Class Science.
To find out whether a given substance is a mixture or a compound we should remember following points:-
- Substance can be separated into its constituents
- Substance shows the properties of its constituents
- Basis the energy absorption during the process
- Composition of the substance
- Substance melting point and boiling point.
For more notes for 9 Class visit Science section.
Experts at Takshila Learning design the subject matter in such simple style that even the weak students will be able to understand chemistry very well. We are here again to provide you with details for Class 9 Science. Takshila acts as a guide for all your queries related to Class 9th Science. Look out for handy notes, detailed discussion about the entire topic. We are a helping hand for students in all requirements pertaining to the 9 Class exam.
Follow us on a Social media
0 responses on "CBSE & NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science Is Matter Around us Pure Compounds"