NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Social Science Understanding Secularism
Takshila Learning aims to provide best subject matters to its students anytime and anywhere without any wastage of time. We offer methodical coaching which will help you in easy understanding and learning. With the increase in the use of technology in our day to day lives, we have also designed an online course along with notes which cater to all your needs. Here, we will discuss Secularism from Class 8 Social Science .
What is Secularism?
Secularism means separating the power of religion and the power at the state level. Indian Constitution contains fundamental rights that protect us against state power as well as against the autocracy of the majority. The Indian constitution allows individual the freedom to live by their religious confidence and practices as they understand these. Secularism refers to the separation of religion from the state.
Why is it important to separate religion from the state?
We come across many cases that majority group does not allow the minority group to practice their religion. The reason why it is important to separate state and religion in democratic societies is the dictatorship of the majority group and the violation of the fundamental rights.
Another important motive is because we need to guard freedom of persons to exit from their religion, hold another religion or have the freedom to interpret religious teachings differently.
For solved questions of Secularism, click on CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Social science.
What is Indian Secularism?
The Indian state is secular by the order of Indian constitution. According to the constitution, only a secular state can realize its objectives to ensure the following:-
- That one religious community does not dominate another.
- That some members do not dominate other members of same religious community.
- That the state does not impose any specific religion nor take away the religious freedom of individual.
The Indian state works in various ways to prevent the above domination. It uses a strategy of distancing itself from religion. In India, government spaces are not supposed to display or promote any religion.
The state makes certain exclusions for certain religious communities so that the views of all religions do not interfere with religious practices of each other.
The third way in which Indian secularism works to prevent the domination listed is through a strategy of intervention. To safeguard that equal inheritance rights are respected, the state may have to intervene in the religion-based personal laws of communities.
Click on online classes for NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Social Science for more topics and subjects of 8th Class.
Best wishes for better learning of your Social Science concepts. If you like our videos and notes please spread a word by sharing them with your friends.
Follow us on a Social media
Call us: 8800999280/83/84 or fill the form for any other details:
- Accounts (2)
- Banking PO/CLERK Exams (444)
- CA (14)
- cbsc class 11 classes (1)
- CBSE Class (453)
- Class 12 Business Studies Sample Paper (7)
- Company Secretary (127)
- Digital Marketing Course (31)
- Earn Money Online (1)
- General (Tips, facts, education, science related) (9)
- GS Quiz For IBPS CLERK , SBI PO, IBPS PO, SBI CLERK, SSC, RRB, DMRC, IR (1)
- IBPS CLERK 2017 (1)
- IBPS Exam Schedule (2)
- IBPS PO 2017 (1)
- IFRS (2)
- Indian Festivals and Important date-Short essay (17)
- Investing (2)
- Job Notification (4)
- News (1)
- Professionals Courses (3)
- Uncategorized (20)
- Why Takshila online Classes (33)
- Free English Quiz for SSC , IBPS , SBI PO & Clerk Exams – PART : 55
- GS Quiz – GK Questions and Answer – General Awareness
- Conservative Forces Class 11 Physics – Example, Properties & Principle
- Latest Online Reasoning Quiz For IBPS Clerk & PO , SBI , SSC : Part – 69
- Why we celebrate the Engineers Day?
Class 1 General Knowledge (GK) Online Classes | CBSE | ICSE | NCERT Solutionsby 2D3D Classes
Search Engine Optimization (SEO Course Online) – Advance & Basicby Takshila Learning
Nursery Rhymes Online Classesby 2D3D Classes
NCERT & CBSE Biology Class 12 Online Classes & Solutionsby 2D3D Classes
CS Executive GST Video Lectures & Online Classes (Goods and Service tax)by Faculty Shaweta Loya