MS Excel Worksheet for Practice Class 4
This worksheet is for Class 4 Computers, comprising the topic of MS Excel. It will help students develop a better understanding of MS Excel.
The completion of this worksheet will make students comprehend the following:
- What is MS Excel?
- Discuss some features of MS Excel.
- Discuss some benefits of using MS Excel.
1. What is MS Excel?
Microsoft Excel or MS Excel is a spreadsheet tool that comes as a part of the Microsoft Office applications. The focus of this tool is to record data in periodic tables, which simplifies the process of data analysis. MS Excel comes with many attractive features helpful in organizing all kinds of data.
The image below depicts the appearance of an Excel spreadsheet:
2. Discuss some features of MS Excel.
The composition of features in MS Excel is shown in the image below:
Each tab has features of its own. Let’s go through some of the features –
- Home : Font size, alignment, font styles, font color, background color, formatting choices and styles, cell insertion and deletion, and editing options are all included.
- Insert : Table format and style, inserting photos and figures, adding graphs, charts, and sparklines, header and footer settings, and equation, and symbol options are all included.
- Page Layout: There are options for themes, orientation, and page setup in the page layout option.
- Formulas: Because MS Excel can build tables with a big quantity of data, you may use this function to add formulae to your table and receive faster results.
- Data: This category includes features such as adding external data (from the web), filtering choices, and data tools.
- Review: In the review category, proofreading (like spell check) may be done for an excel sheet, and a reader can submit comments in this section.
- View : This is where we may change the views in which the spreadsheet is shown. Zooming in and out, as well as pane layout, are all available in this category.
3. Discuss some benefits of using MS Excel.
The following are some of the most inherent benefits of using MS Excel:
- More Secure: In comparison to data entered in registers or on a piece of paper, these spreadsheets may be password protected on a laptop or personal computer, and the risk of losing them is much lower.
- Data at One Place: A systematic tool helps organize data in one place. If there is a student database to be created, it can be made in 1 MS Excel workbook leveraging the worksheet feature for adding data of different classes. Such features make data more comprehensive and structured.
- Neater and Clearer Visibility of Information: Analyzing data gets easier when it is recorded in the form of a table. This allows the data to get presented in a more readable and understandable spreadsheet.
- Easy To Store Data: MS Excel is extensively used to record and analyze data since there is no limit to the quantity of data that can be saved in a spreadsheet. Filtering data in Excel is simple and straightforward.
- Easy To Recover Data: Finding information written on a piece of paper might take longer, but this is not the case with excel spreadsheets. It’s simple to locate and retrieve data.
- Application of Mathematical Formulas: With the formulae feature in MS Excel, doing calculations has become easier and less time-consuming.
1. Answer the following:
- The horizontal arrangement of cells. ____________
- The vertical arrangement of cells. ____________
- Basic unit of worksheet formed by the interaction of a row and column where we enter data. _________
- Black boundary around the selected cell that specifies which cell is active at that moment. ___________
- An MS Excel file which consist of one or more worksheets. ____________
- Horizontal rows and vertical columns form a grid of cells. ___________
- It displays the name of workbook, which is currently in use. ___________
- It displays the address of the current cell. ____________
- The cell on which we are working currently. ____________
- The contents of the active cell are shown in this region. __________
2. State True/False:
- A worksheet is also known as a spreadsheet.
- For creating a new excel sheet, the “Alt + F4” key is the key.
- Cell Address refers to the cell with a dark boundary.
- In MS-Excel, a formula always begins with a “#” symbol.
- Workpad is the name of a Microsoft Excel document.
- Cell membrane
- Title bar
- Name box
- Active cell
- Formula bar
Prepare Class 4 EVS with our Live Video lectures and Online Tuition Classes
Here at Takshila Learning, we provide School Online Classes from Preschool to Class 12 for all subjects. We provide the best online tuition classes for Class 10 and other classes that comprise Video lectures and Online Live Classes that will help students to grasp concepts easily. We also provide Worksheets & Assignments, Doubt sessions and NCERT Solutions for Class 6 to 12. So now Enjoy E-Learning with Takshila Learning.
Learning is fun now!
Subscribe to our social channel.
Enroll today & Get Free Demo Class!
Call at 8800999284 fill the form for any other details:
0 responses on "MS Excel Worksheet for Practice Class 4 Computers - CBSE/ICSE/NCERT"