Why WordPress is popular tool in CMS?
WordPress Advantages and disadvantages and WordPress alternate
If you are looking to design a beautiful website without coding skills and looking for a software/app that can help you in doing it, then WordPress is one of the best choices for you. WordPress is a free, open-source, powerful features rich web publishing software in (Content Management System (CMS)). It can be used to create almost every kind of website from blog to e-commerce from information websites to e-learning portals.
WordPress was written in PHP and for database, it is paired with MySQL or MariaDB.
WordPress was created as a blog-publishing system in 2003 but with time it has grown to a full CMS with thousands of plugins, widgets, and themes which can be used to create an informative website, forums, new portals, learning management systems (LMS), and online stores, etc. There are more than 60 million websites which have been created using WordPress including thousands of popular websites.
Why WordPress is popular in CMS?
WordPress is popular in CMS (Content Management System) right now in the market. Some of the powerful features for the popularity of WordPress are:
- Customizable Designs
- SEO Friendly
- Responsive Mobile Sites
- High Performance
- Manage on the Go
- High Security
- Media Management
- Easy and Accessible
Common websites that can be designed using WordPress
- Blog/Personal Website
- News portals
- Business Website
- Job Board
- Business Directory
- Question & Answer Website
- Non-Profit/Religious Websites
- Portfolio Websites
- Entertainment Website
- Media Website
- Brochure Website
- Educational Website
- Web Portal
- Wiki or Community Forum Website
Some famous websites developed by WordPress
- Katy Perry
- The official Star Wars Blog
- Sony Music
- BBC America
- MTV News
- The New York Times
- The Walt Disney Company
- The Rolling Stones
WordPress has both advantages and disadvantages but its advantages dominate the disadvantages..
Advantages of WordPress
- Free and open source: The biggest advantage of CMS WordPress is that it is free to use. It is an open-source because of that it can be continuously updated. 32 major updates are out since its inception.
- Easy to use: The biggest asset of WordPress is that it is user-friendly; anyone can right away start creating a website without prior designing and coding skills. It takes very little time to understand how the backend and frontend in WordPress works.
- SEO friendly: WordPress is SEO Friendly. The High-quality SEO Plugin makes CMS WordPress better and easy for SEO.
- Highly Customizable: You can customize your website as per your needs. You can add new functionality and an improved look and feel using themes and plugins. You can also create your themes or change the look and feel of current themes.
- Tons of Plugins: WordPress has more than 50,000 plugins to add value to the website. Most of them are free and open source.
Disadvantages of WordPress
- Slow Page Speed: Due to more number of plugins and images on the website makes the functioning slow which may affect the website adversely.
- Website safety: Though WordPress Developers are putting lots of effort to make it safe. But due to tons of available free plugins, themes, and 1000 of developer’s contributions, these make it vulnerable to hacking.
- Frequent updates: Depending on the market’s need, coding language updates, feature requirements, and Website safety, CMS WordPress theme and plugins get updated regularly. Sometimes these updates might crash/down your website.
Although WordPress is very popular in CMS and Its disadvantages are very less as compared to its advantages. Still, if you are looking for a WordPress alternate here is the list of Popular CMS WordPress alternates for making a Website, Blog, or E-commerce Store
- Drupal: Drupal is a free, open-source, fast-loading, highly scalable content management system. It has features to create any kind of website. The biggest advantage of using Drupal is its scalability, reliability and highly secure aspect.
- Wix: Wix helps you to build your websites using a website builder. It is easier to use and create a Website. Using Wix you can create web pages just by drag and drop and a few mouse clicks. Unlike WordPress Wix it is not free, there are many paid plans and you can choose the best plan that suits your need.
- Shopify: If you looking for a WordPress alternative for online business and e-commerce then Shopify could be the best choice. Shopify is an easy, secure, and stable platform with which you can start and grow your e-commerce business with very little effort. Shopify could be a good alternate for WordPress only if you are looking for an e-commerce alternate. Shopify is not as flexible as WordPress is, you cannot design every kind of website(ex blog, news portal, ) using Shopify.
- Magento: The best e-commerce WordPress alternative is Magento. Magento has a flexible modular design to build a user-friendly and SEO optimized online store. Although Magento is the best e-commerce website development tool but its initial installation and setup process is complex.
- Blogger: If you looking for the CMS for creating a blog site then Blogger is the best alternate for WordPress. Blogger is a free and feature-rich blogging service by Google. It is easy to use, has templates, stats, and lots of features that make it the best choice for creating blog sites.
Takshila Learning offers WordPress course for beginners to advanced level, with the use of PPTs and Live Examples, these videos will cover the full coverage of website making in WordPress. If anyone wishes to go for a full understanding of the theory, these videos are the best way. This course will direct you from the installation to the finished website through every single move. We at Takshila Learning ensures to make your wishes fulfilled with respect to any designing or blogging needs.
Takshila Learning and WordPress together design your world in the best way possible.
Learn more articles related to digital marketing course.
What is PPC (Pay Per Click ) & PPC Advantages OR PPC Disadvantages
Learn Scope of Digital Marketing in India 2021
Takshila Learning provides the best Online Digital Marketing Course in Hindi and SEO Course Online to help you learn Digital Marketing courses with the utmost ease. Our Digital Marketing Video Lectures will help students to grasp concepts and Google Digital Marketing easily. Our Digital Marketing Online Course comprises Digital Marketing Video Lectures, Worksheets & Assignments, and Doubt sessions to monitor your progress along with Internship, Certificate, and faculty support to assist you at each step.
It’s worth starting an Online Digital Marketing Journey with us!
Enroll today & Get Free Demo Class!
Call at 8800999280 / 8800999283 / 8800999284 fill the form for any other details: