NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Business Studies Sales Promotion
Following are the methods used by business houses are discussed below:
- Rebate- In order to increase sale, many producers introduce price off offer to the customers. It means offering products at special prices, to clear off excess inventory. The product is offered at a price lower than the normal price.
- Sample Distribution – free samples are distributed in order to launch or popularize their products. This is done to make customers try the product and learn about it. Example – sample of cosmetics, perfumes, surf, books, etc. As the distribution of samples is very costly, this system is confined to those products of small value which have often repeated sales.
- Discount and discount coupons – It means offering products at less than list price. A certain percentage of the price is reduced as a discount. Example: Buy 2 shirts and get a discount of 30% on the second shirt; Clarks’ offer discount of 50%. A Discount coupon is a certificate that entitles its holder to a specified saving on the purchase of a specified product. Customers redeem coupons after purchasing the product.
Watch and learn with recorded lectures on Sales Promotion Techniques through CBSE Class 12 Business studies online classes.
- Product combination – Offering combination of two products, means on the purchase of one good, and another product offered as a gift. Example: 100g gm pouch of Kissan jam with 500 gm of Kissan tomato ketchup.
- Refund – It means refunding a part of the price paid by a customer of purchase of its product. SMS code is given on the cap of Coke bottle and gets cash back of Rs.10.
- Quantity gift – It offering some extra quantity of the product as a gift to the customers. For example – 20% Extra or Buy 2, Get 1 Free.
- Lucky draw – It refers to taking out a draw on the purchase of the product and giving a gift to the winner. Example Lucky draw on the purchase of a specific model of car.
A detailed explanation of Sales Promotion, objectives and limitations are available at Class 12 Business studies.
- Instant draw and assigned gifts – Scratch a card and instantly win a car, refrigerator, laptop, on the purchase of a LED Tv.
- Usable benefit- Purchase goods worth Rs. 100000 and get a tour package of Rs 20000 free. Discount vouchers on a purchase of Rs.10000.
- Full Finance @ 0% – It is the technique of sales promotion in which easy financing schemes are offered. Manufactures of such products like cars, bikes, TV, AC, etc offer easy financing schemes even at 0% rate of interest.
- Other methods – contests, exchange offer, packaged premium.
you can read more notes for CBSE Class 12th Buiseness studies, click below..
For more notes of Business Studies Class 12 and for other subjects of CBSE Class 12 Commerce, register with Takshila Learning. CBSE board exam pattern, CBSE guide, Class 12 syllabus, CBSE NCERT solutions, sample papers of Class 12 are also available at www.takshilalearning.com
Takshila Learning introduced live classes for Class 1 to 12. Students can clear their doubts and learn with the guidance of qualified and experienced teachers. Customized packages are available according to the requirements of the student and their parents. Online classes for CS preparation and banking exam preparation is also available.
Follow us on a Social media
Call at 8800999280 / 8800999283 / 8800999284 fill the form for any other details: