List of all Important Awards and their fields
Important Awards & Recognition is given to those persons who have done something exemplary in their fields like Oscar Awards is given for doing outstanding work in the field of film making. Similarly, there are many such other awards given for contribution in different fields of which we have compiled a list that we are providing to our aspirants. You can expect questions from this section as it is commonly asked in banking exams.
So, let’s start with the awards & the field for which they are provided:
|Nobel Prize||Pease, Literature, Medicine, Physics, Chemistry(From 1901) and Economics (From 1969)|
|Academy (Oscar) Awards||Film (From 1929)|
|Booker Prize||Literature (From 1929)|
|Grammy Awards||Music (From 1958)|
|Pulitzer Prize||Journalism (From 1917)|
|Ramon Magasaysay Award||Government (Public) Service, Social Service, Journalism, Literature, Communication and International Undertaking (From 1957)|
|Bharat Ratna||For outstanding contribution in the field of Art/ Literature / Science and Public Services|
|Kalinga Awards||Science (From 1952)|
|Dada Saheb Phalke Award||Film (From 1969)|
|Jnanpith Award||Literature (From 1991)|
|Saraswati Samman||Literature (From 1991)|
|Dronacharya Award||Sports Coaching / Training (From 1985)|
|Arjuna Award||Sports (From 1961)|
|Bourlog Award||Agriculture (From 1992)|
|Kabir Samman||Socio – communal Harmony|
|Shankar Award||Indian Philosophy, Culture and Art|
|Dhanvantri Award||Medical Science (From 1971)|
|Bhatnagar Award||Science & Technology (From 1957)|
|Vachaspati Samman||Sanskrit Literature (From 1992)|
For mock test papers on General & Banking Awareness, click online banking exam preparation
Important national awards:
Highest civilian awards in chronological order
- Bharat Ratna
- Padma Vibhushan
- Padma Bhushan
- Padma Shri
Important Facts about the National Awards:
- Bharat Ratna is the highest civilian award given in India. It was instituted in the year 1954& any person without any discrimination is eligible for this award.
- The first recipients of the Bharat Ratna were politician C. Rajagopalachari, philosopher Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, and scientist C. V. Raman, who were provided with this honour in 1954.
- Lal Bahadur Shastri became the first individual to be honoured with Bharat Ratna posthumously.
- Sachin Tendulkar is the youngest recipient of Bharat Ratna till now. He was awarded with Bharat Ratna in 2014.
- Most recent recipients- Madan Mohan Malaviya and Atal Bihari Vajpayee (In 2015)
- There are two non-Indians who got Bharat Ratna till now. They are Pakistani national Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan and former South African President Nelson Mandela.
- Padma Vibhushan is the second-highest civilian award given in India. It was instituted in the year 1954.
- Padma Bhushan is the third highest civilian award given in India. It was instituted in the year1954.
- Padma Shri is the third highest civilian award given in India. It was instituted in the year 1954.
Be the part of Takshila Learning Today & feel the difference…!
- Digital Video classes by our experienced faculties
- Daily topic-wise articles on all the subjects
- Doubt clearing sessions are regularly conducted
- Quizzes on all subjects
- Online test series and mock test papers
- Current affairs
- Job alerts
Learn more topics here..
Alphabet Series Tricks for Bank PO – Tricks For IBPS/SBI – PO & CLERK
Follow us on a Social media