LATEST ENGLISH QUIZ FOR SBI & IBPS PO / CLERK EXAM 2019
Direction for questions 1 to 10: Fill in the blanks of the following sentences using the most appropriate word or words from among the options given for each.
1. I am always the first to admit that I have not accomplished everything that I ___ achieve five yearsago.
a. set out to b. went to c. thought to d. thought of
2. Football evokes a ___ response in India compared to cricket, that almost ___ the nation.
a. tepid … boiling b. lukewarm … electrifies
c. turbid … fascinating d. apocryphal … genuinely fascinates
3. This is not the first time that the management has done some ___.
a. tough talk b. tough talking c. firm talk d. firm talking
4. Learning is more efficient when it is ___. It is less efficient when it is ___.
a. fast … slow b. rapid … turtle-slow
c. tedious … like a joy ride d. fun … drudgery
5. In India the talent is prodigious, and it increases ___.
a. each year b. year by year c. annually d. progressively
6. Most political leaders acquire their position by causing a large number of people to believe thatthese leaders are ___ by altruistic desires.
a. actuated b. convinced c. categorised d. led
7. The present constitution will see ___ amendments but its basic structure will survive.
a. much more b. many more c. too many more d. quite a few more
8. Simple arithmetic tells us that there is more ___ than ___.
a. imitation … innovation b. improvisation … improvement
c. impracticality … knowledge d. improbability … probability
9. Education is central because electronic networks and software-driven technologies are beginning to ___ the economic barriers between nations.
a. break down b. break c. crumble d. dismantle
10. As a step towards protesting against the spiralling prices, the farmers have decided to stage apicket in an effort to ___.
a. show their virility b. make themselves heard
c. curb the prices d. topple the government
For more Quizzes for Bank exams, visit www.takshilalearning.com
Learn here all free ENGLISH QUIZ
0 responses on "LATEST ENGLISH QUIZ FOR SBI & IBPS PO / CLERK EXAM 2019 : PART 38"