Free Latest English Quiz for SBI Clerk Exam 2019
Direction for questions 1 to 10: Fill in the blanks of the following sentences using the most appropriate word or words from among the options given for each.
1. I am always the first to admit that I have not accomplished everything that I ___ achieve five yearsago.
a. set out to b. went to c. thought to d. thought of
2. Football evokes a ___ response in India compared to cricket, that almost ___ the nation.
a. tepid … boiling b. lukewarm … electrifies
c. turbid … fascinating d. apocryphal … genuinely fascinates
3. This is not the first time that the management has done some ___.
a. tough talk b. tough talking c. firm talk d. firm talking
4. Learning is more efficient when it is ___. It is less efficient when it is ___.
a. fast … slow b. rapid … turtle-slow
c. tedious … like a joy ride d. fun … drudgery
5. In India the talent is prodigious, and it increases ___.
a. each year b. year by year c. annually d. progressively
6. Most political leaders acquire their position by causing a large number of people to believe thatthese leaders are ___ by altruistic desires.
a. actuated b. convinced c. categorised d. led
7. The present constitution will see ___ amendments but its basic structure will survive.
a. much more b. many more c. too many more d. quite a few more
8. Simple arithmetic tells us that there is more ___ than ___.
a. imitation … innovation b. improvisation … improvement
c. impracticality … knowledge d. improbability … probability
9. Education is central because electronic networks and software-driven technologies are beginning to ___ the economic barriers between nations.
a. break down b. break c. crumble d. dismantle
10. As a step towards protesting against the spiralling prices, the farmers have decided to stage apicket in an effort to ___.
a. show their virility b. make themselves heard
c. curb the prices d. topple the government
Directions (Q.11 – 15): Answer the following questions after rearranging these seven sentences in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph.
A) American toys are in great demand despite the heavy import duty.
B) The toys that they produce are almost without exception, of inferior quality.
C) Their manufacturers here need to be reminded of this.
D) The two toy shops in Delhi also rely heavily on foreign-made toys.
E) But manufacturing them is no child’s play
F) Toys are meant for children.
G) Not surprisingly, many parents prefer to buy the imported toys even though they are usually much more expensive.
11. Which of the following will be be the FIRST sentence?
1) E 2) G 3) A 4) F 5) B
12. Which of the following will be be the THIRD sentence?
1) C 2) B 3) D 4) E 5) G
13. Which of the following will be be the FOURTH sentence?
1) C 2) E 3) B 4) G 5) D
14. Which of the following will be be the SIXTH sentence?
1) F 2) E 3) C 4) D 5) A
15. Which of the following will be be the LAST sentence?
1) C 2) D 3) B 4) E 5) G