Jumbled sentences : Rearranging jumbled words to make sentences
Jumbled sentences are easy to tackle but are generally time consuming and sometimes little confusing. The candidate’s ability to logically connect different clues is put to the test here.
Every given paragraph has its order of sentences altered. By observing the relationship between the sentences and the word clues, the paragraph is to be reconstructed and restored to its original form.
Common types of questions related to the jumbled paragraph and strategies involved in solving are listed below
- The most common type of question in this series is jumbled sentences. A sentence is broken down into four or five parts, which are then jumbled. These jumbled parts of the sentences need to be rearranged in the proper sequence to make complete logical and grammatical sense.
Example. 1 Arrange the following given statements in the logical order to form the meaningful sentences.
- And its revenge will
- The empire will
- Retaliate against these upstarts
- Crush the separatist movement before
1. ABCD 2. ACBD 3. BDCA 4.BCAD 5. BDAC
Explanation: we see that B and C, as well as A and D, need to be together respectively. Moreover, we need to word “and” to connect C and A. The correct sequence is BCAD. Hence, the correct answer is option 4.
Example. 2 Arrange the following given statements in the logical order to form the meaningful sentences.
- Where to he was exiled
- Napoleon Bonaparte escaped from Elba
- After the signing of the treaty of Fontainebleau
- A remote island of the coast of Italy
- One year earlier
1. EABCD 2. ACEBD 3. EBDCA 4. BCADE 5. BDACE
Explanation: we can identify that the B and D will come together. Likewise, C shall follow A, the phrase in E can only come at the end of the sentences. After looking at all the options, the correct answer can be deduced. Hence, the answer is option 5
Now here are some questions for practice-
Rearranging jumbled words to make sentences – Answers
- Writing system telephone am to I about banking your complain.
- I tried four details this week to system access to account my times have use the.
- crashed on I the system been that each informed computer has have
- branch day person unable to working I a am bank my as during the visit.
- I access do addition service have so internet use cannot the to in your not online
- advertise use convenient telephone you as to banking your service and easy
- afraid not of evidence have I features seen am I either yet these of
- grateful will problems I as would that be soon for have I described an the possible as assurance out be sorted
For online test series for Bank PO, visit www.takshilalearning.com
- I am writing to complain about your telephone banking system.
- I have tried four times this week to use the system to access my account details.
- On each occasion, I have been informed that the computer system has crashed.
- As a working person, I am unable to visit my branch during the day.
- In addition, I do not have access to the internet so cannot use your online service.
- You advertise your telephone banking service as easy to use and convenient.
- I am afraid I have not yet seen evidence of either of these features.
- I would be grateful for an assurance that the problems I have described will be sorted out as soon as possible.
Practice more jumbled words exercises, click bank exam preparation for details.
Takshila Learning provides all kind of study material required while preparing for bank exams and all other competitive exams. For demos and free videos, you can visit our site www.takshilalearning.com or subscribe our YouTube channel.
Learn more articles for banking…
Takshila Learning is an online solution for aspirants preparing for Bank & insurance exams. We provide Online Classes for Banking exams, Online Test Series for IBPS/SBI exams.
- High-Quality video lectures
- Experienced faculties
- Study material accessible through SD card.
- Real-time exam practice
- Online Study Material
- Regular Topic-wise articles on all the subjects.
- MCQs based Tests & Quizzes
- Online Test Series
- Daily Current affairs updates
Follow us on a Social media
Call us: 8800999280/8800999284 or fill the form for any other details: