CS Professional Information Technology and System Audit – Executive Information System (EIS)
Executive Information System (EIS)
EIS is an information system that serves the internal and external information related to organisational goal and need of the top executives. It enables its users to extract summary data and model complex problems without the need to learn complex query languages, statistical formulas or high computing skills. EIS is a highly user-friendly system because it provides a user-friendly graphical reporting system with drill-down capabilities. EIS is mainly an advancement of Management Information System (MIS) but it can include the Decision Support System (DSS) capabilities to solve complex problems.
Characteristics of EIS
- EIS is a computer-based information system that serves the information need of top executives.
- EIS enables users to extract summary data and model complex problems without the need to learn query languages, statistical formulas, etc.
- EIS is very user-friendly, supported by graphics, and exception reporting and drill down capabilities.
- EIS provides rapid access to timely information and direct access to management reports.
- EIS is capable of accessing both internal and external data.
- EIS can easily be given DSS support for decision making.
Watch the recorded explanation of EIS by clicking CS professional course.
Purposes of EIS
- The primary and most critical purpose of an EIS is to provide learning about an organizations. EIS allow the executive to monitor the organization activities from anywhere, and hence provide a better control.
- It allows timely access to information for any aspects from anywhere without the help of others to access and compile the information which, normally cause a delay in providing information and hence decision making.
- Direct the executive attention to specific problems or specific areas of operations for immediate action.
Download free CS Professional video lectures by clicking CS Professional course.
For more online courses of CS Foundation, Executive or Professional. For CS preparation, Takshila Learning offers CS Professional online classes for students in a simple, easy, and convenient way through our portal www.takshilalearning.com. It helps students to grab the conceptual knowledge in a different but simple way. CS online classes are a collection of HD-quality recorded lectures by experienced and well-known faculties. The individual subject, as well as group wise courses, are available.
Follow us on a Social media