Importance of English vocabulary in government job exams
Importance of English vocabulary- Vocabulary plays a vital role in scoring good marks in the English section of various competitive exams that you can improve if you work in the right direction upon it.
Having a good command on vocabulary will not only help you in solving direct vocab based questions but also in questions being asked from RC, fill in the blanks, double fillers, cloze test, and phrase replacement topics. To improve your vocabulary, read new words daily. You can also learn new words from our daily vocab words list. Sometimes RC gets time-consuming and we are not able to attempt the desired number of questions, so if we have 2-3 questions related to antonym-synonym we can directly attempt them without wasting much time. Sometimes we can even deduce the meaning of the word by reading the line in the article. This is a very important topic for this section.
Here in this blog, we will be discussing some of the important ways by which you can improve your vocabulary.
- Reading is the key to improve your vocab. Read a good English Newspaper daily to improve your reading & writing skills.
- You should also go through articles, blogs on different topics. On reading, you will come across various new words. Learn these words and look for their meanings.
- Only mugging up the meanings won’t help. Try to learn at least 5 or 10 words daily and use them in your day to day life. This can help you memorize those words more easily.
- When you come across a new word, find at least 3-4 synonyms and antonyms for those words and learn them.
- Practice more and more vocab based questions from the previous year as it will help you in understanding the level of words being asked.
- Make a notebook and write all the new words and their synonyms and antonyms as it will help you in the revision of the words that you have learned.
- Always keep a dictionary with yourself so that whenever you come across a new word, you can quickly search the meaning of that word.
Reading more and more will help you not only with your vocabulary but it will also help you in solving Reading Comprehension, fill in the blanks, cloze tests etc. Make reading your daily habit and set a target to learn a certain number of words daily. Practice more and more daily and leave no stone unturned with your preparation. You can also learn new words daily from our daily word list which contains new words from reputed newspapers with their Antonyms and Synonyms.
Nothing is impossible if you have the determination to achieve it. Follow the tips mentioned above and strengthen your vocabulary to crack all government job exams.
Takshila Learning is one of the leading institutions that provide online coaching classes for IBPS/SBI.
- Online coaching for Bank PO / Clerk & insurance exams.
- Online test series with detailed analysis & explanation.
- Live class of all subjects by experienced faculties.
- Complete study material.
- Faculty Support
- Daily Current Affairs
- Job alerts and notifications.
Follow us on a Social media