Takshila Learning is one of the best online bank coaching sites offering online classes for IBPS, SBI, RRB and another Banking exams. Online banking classes are designed specifically keeping in mind the latest pattern of question papers.
Idioms and Proverbs with their meaning
Online banking preparation : Proverbs are expressions that demonstrate human behavior, reactions on certain things, habits, and traditions. These are frequently asked in IBPS, SSC exams that makes it an important topic to cover. Here, in this article we are sharing some of the most important Proverbs / Idioms:
- To smell a rat To suspect foul dealings
- To pick holes To criticise someone
- To put one’s hand to plough To take a difficult task
- To cry wolf To give false alarm
- To catch a tarter To catch a dangerous person
- Burn the midnight oil Studying till late night
- Spill the beans To disclose a secret
- A bosom friend A very close friend
- Pay off old scores Take revenge
- Turn a deaf ear Disregard / ignore what one says
- To bell the cat Taking first step at personal risk
- Hard nut to crack A difficult problem
- Nip in the bud To destroy in the early stage
- A thorn in the flesh Constant source of annoyance
- Cat and dog life Life full of quarrels
- Bring to light Disclose
- At the eleventh hour At the last moment
- Reap the harvest Benefit or suffering as a direct result of past actions
- Take a back seat Choose to be less important in a role
- On Account of Due to
For practice sets on Proverbs (Idioms)& more, Click at bank po online coaching.
- Catch one’s eye To attract attention
- Bolt from the Blue Something completely unexpected that surprises you
- A Wet Blanket A person who discourages enjoyment or enthusiasm
- Cost an arm and a leg Be very expensive
- Once in a blue moon Something that happens very rarely
- Take one to task Rebuke
- Put the cart before the horse Doing things in the wrong order
- Cry for the moon Ask for the impossible
- At daggers drawn Bitterly hostile
- Rain cats and dogs Rain heavily
Takshila Learning Institute → Online Classes for Banking, Online Test Series for IBPS/SBI exams.
Main Features of our institute:
- High Quality video lectures by our experienced faculties accessible through SD card.
- Online Study Material
- Regular Topic-wise articles on all the subjects.
- MCQs based Tests & Quizzes
- Online Test Series
- Daily Current Affairs
For latest updates regarding job alerts, results, enquiries, topics on other subjects, ibps po online coaching, Online Test Series, register with TakshilaLearning. Watch online Banking Preparation Demo.
Follow us on a Social media
0 responses on "Idioms and proverbs with their meaning for IBPS / SBI - PO & Clerk"