IBPS PO 2018 FAQS – Frequently Asked Questions
IBPS has released the notification for the recruitment of Probationary Officers in various Public Sector Banks and is going to be a great opportunity to work in the government sector. Give your best this year and we, at Takshila Learning, will help you in each phase of the examination.
- Is there any change in Exam Pattern as compared to the previous year?
Yes, the major change in the pattern of IBPS PO 2018 exam is the introduction of sectional timings of 20 minutes for each of the three sections in Prelims Exam.
- When will be the exam conducted?
The Tentative dates for Preliminary Exams are 13.10.2018, 14.10.2018, 20.10.2018 and 21.10.2018
The Tentative date for Mains Exam is 18.11.2018
- When will the result be declared?
- Tentative Date for declaration of Results for Preliminary exam– October/ November 2018
- Tentative Date for declaration of Results for Mains exam – December 2018
Final results will be declared in April 2019.
- How many vacancies are there?
The number of vacancies is 4102 for this year recruitment of Probationary Officer.
- Will the vacancies for IBPS PO 2018-19 Recruitment increase?
Yes, the vacancies are expected to increase as some banks are yet to declare their vacancies for IBPS Recruitment. So, you can expect the number of vacancies to go up.
- What is the syllabus for IBPS PO 2018-19 Pre and Mains Exam?
For Pre exam: English Language, Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude
For Mains exam: English Language, Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness (Static awareness, Banking awareness, and Current affairs) and Computer Aptitude.
- Is there any interview round after the mains result?
Yes, after the mains result, IBPS will conduct interviews in the month of January/February 2019. As far as weightage of the interview is concerned, the weightage of IBPS PO (Main exam) and interview will be in the ratio 80:20 respectively.
- What is the mode of the exam (online or offline)?
The exam will be conducted in online mode both for Prelims and Mains exam.
- What is the eligibility criteria to apply for this post?
Minimum: 20 year Maximum: 30 years (As on 01.08.2018)
Educational qualification required:
A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognized by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- What is the Application Fee?
Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
Rs. 600 /- for all others
- When will the registration start?
Registration will start from 14th August 2018 and will end on 4th September 2018.
- I have scored 55% in Graduation. Am I eligible to sit for the exam?
Yes, you can apply as there is no minimum percentage required to apply for the exam. You just need to be graduate.
- I am 19 years old. Can I sit for the exam?
You must be at least 20 years of age and not more than 30 years of age as on 01.08.2018.
- What is the Structure of the exam?
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three subjects by securing minimum cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS.
Phase – II: Main Examination
There will be Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 25 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Test will be conducted in online mode only.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 mins|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 mins|
|General / Economy / Banking Awareness||40||40||35 mins|
|English Language||35||40||40 mins|
Descriptive Test : There will be one Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration time having weightage of 25 marks just after the objective exam is finished. It will contain 2 questions such as letter writing & essay, that aspirant has to type on the computer only.
- Mains examination will have 155 questions that need to be answered in 3 hours.
- Each section must be completed within the specified time limit
- You must achieve the cut-off scores (section-wise & total) to be called for common interviews.
- Is the exam Bilingual?
The tests except for the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
- Is there a sectional cut-off in the exam?
Yes, there is a sectional cut-off in the exam. You have to clear every section in order to secure a seat for the Interview.
- If I have cleared the overall cutoff of the exam but could not clear the cutoff for any particular section. Am I still eligible?
No, you are not eligible as you must clear the cutoff for each section individually and the overall cutoff as well.
- Is there any negative marking in the exam?
Yes, for every wrong answer given by the student, negative marking of 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty in both prelims & mains exam.
For the preparation of Bank PO & Clerk exams, visit www.takshilalearning.com for our bank exam course.
Subscribe to our social channel.