IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam Notification Out
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has released the notification for the much awaited IBPS Clerk 2020 Recruitment on their official website i.e. at www.ibps.in on 01st September 2020 and those who wish to apply for this post can start registering themselves online from 02nd September onwards. All banking aspirants who are preparing for this year exam can check all the important details like eligibility criteria, exam dates, exam pattern, syllabus, vacancies, fees etc. through this blog.
IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam Important Dates to Note:
Online registrations will start from September 2 to September 23, 2020
IBPS Clerk preliminary exam will be conducted on: 05.12.2020, 12.12.2020 and 13.12.2020
IBPS Clerk mains exam will be conducted on: 24.01.2021
Final result to be declared by April, 2021
- Bank of Baroda
- Canara Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- UCO Bank
- Bank of India
- Central Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Indian Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
IBPS Clerk 2020 Number of Vacancies
A total of 1555 vacancies is going to be filled in the year 2020-21 across 11 public sector banks. Following Table gives the complete break up of State-wise vacancies.
|1.||Andaman & Nicobar Island||0|
|8.||Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu||04|
|14.||Jammu & Kashmir||05|
Now we will discuss the complete details i.e. eligibility criteria, exam pattern of IBPS Clerk:
Eligibility Criteria For IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam:
If you want to apply for the IBPS Clerk 2020 exam; please check all the below mentioned eligibility criteria details:
Age Limit (as on 01.09.2020): 20 – 28 years
i.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.09.1992 and not later than 01.09.2000 (both dates inclusive).
– (+3 yrs for OBC (Non Creamy layer), +5 yrs for SC/ST, +10 years for PWD Candidates)
– Candidate should have a degree from a recognized university.
– No specific percentage mentioned in graduation.
– Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT for which you have applied (should be able to read / write and speak that language).
Candidates are allowed to apply for vacancy from only one state.
Exam Pattern For IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam:
IBPS Clerk Exam follows a two stage process – Preliminary and Mains Exam.
– Prelims test will have 100 questions for which 1 hour time divided into 20 minutes each for 3 sections is allotted to the candidate.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main examination.
The Mains Exam of IBPS Clerk consists of four sections: Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude, Quantitative Aptitude, General English and General/ Financial Awareness.
|Name of Tests|
(NOT BY SEQUENCE)
|No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
- Mains examination would have 190 questions with a total duration of 160 minutes.
- Each section must be completed within the specified time limit mentioned.
- There is no interview round for the clerical posts in IBPS.
- MARKS OBTAINED IN THE ONLINE MAIN EXAMINATION ONLY WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR FINAL MERIT LISTING.
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
IBPS Clerk 2020 SYLLABUS (PRE + MAINS):
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Spotting Errors
- Sentence Improvement
- Fill in the Blanks
- Para Jumbles
- Paragraph Completion
- Sentence Connectors
- Number Series
- Simplification/ Approximation
- Quadratic Equations
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
- Quantity Based Questions
- Miscellaneous – Time & work, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest, Pipes & Cistern, Average, etc.
- Puzzle and Arrangements
- Machine Input Output
- Data Sufficiency
- Logical Reasoning
- Miscellaneous – Blood Relations, Direction sense test, Order and Ranking, etc.
- Banking Awareness
- Financial Awareness
- Govt. Schemes and Policies
- Current Affairs
- Static General Awareness
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges:
The application fees / intimation charges shall be as follows
– Rs. 175/- for SC/ST/PWBD candidates
– Rs. 850 /- for all others
Note: You are advised to take a print out of the completely filled application form as it is required at the time of interviews.
To help you out in preparation of various Banking exams; Takshila Learning have started Brilliant 50 batch from 1st June in which we will be enrolling top 50 students who are serious regarding government job wants to crack the exam in first attempt. We will provide them Personalised coaching with full updated Video Course for 1 year, hard copy Study Material, Online Test series, Weekly assignments and Whatsapp group (One-to-One) for doubts solving. Our main aim during the course of preparation will be that all our 50 students crack the exam in first attempt because Your Success is Our Success.
Why Takshila Learning Course?
- Study Anytime, Anywhere and on Any device.
- Easily Accessible best Quality Videos using PowerPoint presentations.
- Flowcharts, tables and diagrams are used in videos for better understanding.
- Short tips and tricks videos for enhancing Speed.
- Unlimited Views of all lectures to ensure that student grasps the concepts.
- Doubt solving Session via Whatsapp, E-Mail, and on call.
- 100% updated lectures.
- Webinars for discussing tips and important topics.
- Technical assistance available for using online/ offline classes
- Daily Current Affairs updates
For a Free Demo call @ 8800999280 / 8800999283 / 8800999284 or fill the form for any other details:
IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam Notification Out / IBPS Clerk 2020 Vacancy / IBPS Clerk 202o Syllabus / Exam Pattern For IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam / Eligibility Criteria For IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam / IBPS Clerk 2020 Number of Vacancies / IBPS Clerk 2020 Exam Important Dates