Hyperlinks & Types of Internal Links | SEO Best Practices 2020 - 21
Hyperlinks & Types of Internal Links | SEO Best Practices 2020 – 21
Hyperlinks & Types of Internal Links | SEO Best Practices 2020 -21
As the world is moving very fast towards adopting digital marketing as a source of advertising and marketing for their businesses, so either you are a student, professional or businessman, first of all, you need to understand the basic concept of digital marketing. In this article, you will get to know about the advanced SEO technique that a lot of SEOs completely neglect, i.e., Internal Linking. This article provides an answer to your following questions:
1. Hyperlinks meaning
2. How do Hyperlinks affect the Website?
3. How should hyperlink be spread in all pages?
4. What is an Internal Link?
5. Benefits of an Internal Linking structure
6. How to get the most SEO value from the internal links?
7. Which pages on the website attract more traffic?
8. Which of the pages on the website inspires the most action?
9. External Links
10. Best 10 Internal Linking Practices 2020
Now let’s dive in the topic:
Hyperlinks are the reference to the document that can be followed. It can be followed by a user or by any search engines. They are also known as links.
The hyperlink has two components:
1. Hypertext and
2. Anchor text.
Hypertext is available on the linked page while Anchor text is available on the main page.
How do Hyperlinks affect the website?
In order to create traffic or Google to identify the website, one needs to link between pages it helps in the website structure. When it comes to authority, the homepage is considered as the pool of authority so to spread the authority to the website and for Google to see your website as credible source one needs to add a hyperlink to the website hyperlinks help your website to Maintain the ranking and traffic.
How should hyperlink be spread in all pages?
The homepage is a pool of authority, but one needs to make sure the hyperlink must spread all through the website we need to make sure that we consolidate any page within four clicks and those links have maximum authority.
What is an Internal Link?
Internal Link is a link from one page to another page on the same website. Once website navigation is an example of interlinking but we talk about links in the content, on the page. We are talking about regular text links from one page on one website to another.
Benefits of an Internal Linking structure
Interlinking is important for strengthening three parts of your final for three reasons:
i. Search optimization– It passes the authority from one place to another.
ii. Usability – It guides the visitors to high-value converting pages.
iii.Conversion optimization- It prompts visitors to act as a call to action.
Let’s look at a looking tip for each of the types:
Internal links #1: Links that affect Search Engine Rankings (SEO).
Let’s review first, authority flows through the internet through links.
When we link one page to another some of its credibility is passed on to that page, it increases the likelihood for the second page to rank. This credibility is called “link juice”, but most of the search optimizer calls it “Authority”.
The links come from another website passes “Domain Authority”, it increases the authority of all the pages on the website. Internal links do not do that.
Internal links never increase the amount of authority of the overall website, but it does pass authority between pages on the website. Page authority is passed from one page to another. Pages can help each other in the ranking, in search engines through links.
Internal links vs external links
Here is an overview of the difference between internal links and external links for SEO
It is difficult to control.
It is easy, fast and free to create.
Pass the SEO authority from other sites to your site increasing your “Domain Authority”
Pass SEO Authority between pages on your site increasing the page authority of specific pages
It appears in content, within the body text.
It appears in content as well as website navigation.
How to get the most SEO value from the internal links?
a. Some of the pages on the website have more authority than others. These pages already have links referring to them. The homepage is the best example
The links from these pages will pass more authority SEO values to another page.
b. Some of the pages on the website will benefit more than others. These are pages in the ranking, not that high though. Maybe they might rank on page two, so as a little bit increase in authority might go a long way. The ranking might increase due to link to these pages.
Link from the first page to the second page:
Create a link, within the body text, two pages with high-ranking from higher authority page.
a. Use of key phrases in the anchor text of the link. A link with specific and could text would help to indicate the relevance of that page, so the link just says “read more” or “click here”
b. Do not force it – the link should be created with viewers in mind, the focus must not be only on the ranking.
Internal link #2: Links That Guide Visitor to High Converting Page:
There might be pages that attract a lot of visitors. This might be because they already are high on ranking as they are shared a lot. These are websites traffic champions
There are other pages that inspire visitors to take action. They also conversion champions in content marketing as a high percentage of visitors are converted into a subscriber.
A dramatic impact can be seen if you link traffic champions to the marketing champions.
Here is how to find out the champions (traffic and marketing) and connect it with internal links:
Which pages on the website attract more traffic?
One can check this easily in analytics. We need to go to behavior> site content> all page report. One needs to just choose a long data range of 3 to 6 months. The report will automatically so hot in order of the pages whose views have been the most.
Which of the pages on the website inspires the most action?
This can also be data mined in Analytics, but it needs to move work to provide the data. I will prime targets are the pages in the post that convert visitors at the highest rate.
These are steps on how to find the blog post that gets the highest percentage of the visitor to subscribe.
1: go to conversion > goals> reverse goal path report.
2: Select newsletter subscribers as the goal from the drop-down in the top left
3: we need to create a spreadsheet subscriber with the list of pages from the report. List the pages in the column on the left. We need to list the total number of subscribers (conversions) in the right column. One needs to add pages on the list depending on the blog content.
4: Go to the behavior-site content-all page report.
5: One needs to find pages from the spreadsheet and add a third column showing per viewer for each and every page.
6: At last one needs to divide the subscriber (conversion) by The each view from the visitor to conversion (subscriber) for each page and then, sort it by the pages with highest subscriber rates.
Internal Link #3: Link That Prompt Visitors to Act (Call to Action):
One goal as a Digital marketer is to attract traffic to the website, and then present powerful marketing claims, provide an audience to support these claims and then guide to take action. The key to prompt visitors to act are internal links.
Check the bottom of any marketing Pages:
a. Last line of the text.
b. Does it suggest visit or take action?
c. Is that start a conversation?
d. If it offers help.
e. Or the page just ends.
f. Below is the example of interlinks that needs to be put at the bottom of any marketing pages, that serves as CTAs (call-to-action).
Watch the full video on Hyperlinks and Types of Internal Linking.
Best 10 Internal Linking Practices 2020:
Below is the list of 10 best practices for internal linking. What should internal linking links look like? How many links should be added? Where on the page should the link appear?
1. The anchor text should be within the link descriptive by using the target keywords of the page and then linking it to anchor text. The target key phrase must be included in the link as it helps to determine the relevance of a particular page to Google.
A lot of creative ways need to be figured out, to use longer phrases as links.
2. Variety in linking text is required if one is creating links to a page from several pages
3. If one finds difficulty in using keywords to the body text, one can always add them as related links at the bottom of the page or the post
4. If the whole strategy is passed on Casio, every link must be created keeping visitors in mind.
Descriptive – Visitors should be aware of the benefit of clicking the link.
Strong action words– “Click here” and “read more” might not be compelling always.
5. On a page, the total number of links including navigations should be between 75-100. If there are more than a hundred links it would Mean fewer link will be passed through each of the links. Link use calculator can be used to quickly know the number of links and buttons on any page.
6. If a page does not have related content never link! One needs to add a link whenever it would help the visitor or the readers.
7. The link should appear between page and post in the body of the article. He chilling contact is very important. The SEOs believe that link within the body copy is of higher values then link in the navigation.
8. We need to add a link to the post that relates new to old. If there is a post that still gets traffic, we can add a link to it
9. If you are aware of a page with lots of link Juice and rank high, we can add a link.
10. One needs to use a broken link checker and fix all the broken links immediately. A broken link is bad for SEO. The link might go obsolete due to changes in URL so one needs to be very careful while changing the URL of any page.