How to solve puzzle problems in bank PO/Clerk exams 2018 – 2019?
How to solve puzzle problems : Puzzles are one of the important topics of the reasoning section that dominates in all banking & insurance exams as 50 – 60 % of the total number of questions of the reasoning section are asked from this topic. So, it is evident that one cannot ignore questions based on puzzles.
The questions on puzzles usually come from Seating Arrangement (linear, circular, rectangular), Floor based puzzle, Tabular puzzles, etc. Depending on the difficulty level of the puzzle, 2-4 variables will be asked. Combination of Seating Arrangement and Blood Relations based questions are also asked frequently in the examinations.
The best way to solve puzzles with 100% accuracy is to write each possible combination and keep canceling them out as you proceed & not to ignore the important key points while reading the question.
2-3 minutes are sufficient for easy puzzles, not more than 5 minutes for moderate level puzzles and 8-10 minutes for difficult puzzles. You really need to work hard on them if you are taking more time than what is mentioned above.
Click online banking classes for the best coaching of Reasoning and other subjects.
What should be your approach while attempting a puzzle in the examination? (How to solve puzzle problems tips)
1. Be careful while choosing the statement with which you will start the puzzle & it should be to the point.
2. Analyse and Jot down all the direct statements given in the puzzle in a simplified form so as to avoid confusion.
3. Never assume anything on your own while drawing different possibilities to obtain the solution.
4. If you are not able to use one or the other information at a time, leave it and move forward with other important points. Use that information later, when it is required.
5. Gender-defining words like ‘him’, ‘her’, ‘he, ‘she’ and other words like ‘not’, ‘only’, ‘who’ and ‘which’ are very helpful in decoding the information.
6. As you proceed, write each possible combination and keep canceling out the possibilities that do not follow or go against the information that is provided in the puzzle.
7. In the end, you will be left with only one possibility that will be the required solution.
The best way to deal with puzzles (How to solve puzzle problems) is continuous practice. The more you practice, the better you get.
Now its time to practice, click free online test series for bank exam for free reasoning questions and articles.
For practice papers, online test series and complete course for bank exam preparation, register with Takshila Learning. Visit www.takshilalearning.com for details.
Subscribing to our social channel.