Learn how to solve Coding and Decoding based questions
Letter Coding is one of the important topics from exams point of view as 5 questions are expected in the preliminary examination of all clerical level exams. These questions are not as difficult as it looks after reading the questions. We have to simply remember the positions of the alphabets & left-right combinations.
Let us look at these types of questions:
Directions (1-5): Study the following Symbol, Letter, Number sequence carefully and answer the following questions:
W M 5 B Y 2 $ O*Z A 1 P 3 X M N 9 K 6 L 4 ~ E 7 H
- Which of the following Symbol / Letter / Number is exactly in the middle between the tenth element from the right and fifth element from the left end?
(a) A (b) B (c) 1 (d) * (e) None of these
- How many such letters are there in the above sequence which are immediately preceded by a number and immediately followed by a consonant?
(a) None (b) One (c) Two (d) Three (e) None of these
- What should come in place of the question mark (?) in the following sequence?
?, OZ1, XNK, 4EH
(a) 5$X (b) W5Y (c) ZP5 (d) 5$Q (e) None of these
- Which of the following Symbol / Letter / Number is the eleventh element to the right of the second element from the left end in the above sequence?
(a) 9 (b) 1 (c) M (d) 4 (e) None of these
- If both the halves of the above sequence are written in reverse order, what will be the sixth element to the right of the sixteenth element from the right end?
(a) 4 (b) ~ (c) O (d) N (e) None of these
- The tenth element from the right end is N & fifth element from the left end is Y.
A is exactly in the middle between these two elements.
- There are 2 such letters which are immediately preceded by a number and immediately followed by a consonant(5BY, 3XM)
For IBPS & SBI Clerk online mock test papers, click online bank coaching classes.
- W5Y should come in place of the question mark as it follows the order of moving right and leaving one element & considering the other.
We have taken the left end element W, then left one element & considered the other i.e, 5 & in a similar way, we will follow this pattern.
- The eleventh element to the right of the second element from the left end is P & hence None of these is the correct answer.
- If we right both the halves of the above sequence in reverse order, then we will get the following sequence as follows
The sixth element to the right of the sixteenth element from the right end is ~ & hence b is the correct answer.
Learn more banking preparation topics here..
Alphabet Series Tricks for Bank PO – Tricks For IBPS/SBI – PO & CLERK
Start your Bank Exam preparation with us…!
Takshila Learning offers online bank coaching classes for IBPS / SBI PO & Clerk and RRB. We offer weekly, monthly and subject wise test series and mock test papers, study material, current affairs, General awareness and English for competitive exams.
Follow us on a Social media