The Company Secretary Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) is an entry-level test administered by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) for direct admission to the CS executive programme.
Candidates are eligible to enrol for CSEET after clearing 12th-grade examinations from a recognised board.
The Company Secretary (CS) certification validates that an individual is certified to handle the legal aspects of a business. A CS is responsible for maintaining and auditing the company’s tax returns, keeping records, advising the board of directors regarding the financial health of the company and ensuring that the company complies with legal and statutory regulations.
With such a prestigious certification, of course, there is a lot of hardship involved to prepare for this exam. Therefore, we will discuss some quick tips in this blog to help you ace the CSEET exam on the first attempt.
Tips to Crack the CSEET on the First Attempt
1. Make a Study Plan: This goes without saying! For any student to ace any test, it is integral that one must have an effective study plan. Effective study plans help you organise the time you have on your hands to prepare for your exam. We discuss tips around making effective study plans in our blogs for CA Foundation & CMA Foundation. Leverage these tips for your CSEET study plan and you will definitely streamline your studies.
2. Ensure you are up to date The ICSI publishes monthly CSEET journals and newsletters to assist students to prepare for the exam. Ensure that you refer to those study materials on a frequent basis in order to meet the exam’s criteria. It will also assist you in comprehending the most recent trends in this examination. These journals provide current subjects, case laws, examples of industry practises, and other integral items that can be searched and referred to.
3. Refer to external publishers: This national-level exam is regarded as extremely difficult. Therefore, it is only natural that a lot of students refer to a lot of supplementary material to prepare for the exam. Therefore, make sure that you refer to the appropriate study material for the exam by doing your research beforehand.
For instance, students can use CS Anoop Jain’s books to learn about business and commercial legislation. Students can use Taxmann publishers’ books to prepare for questions about Company Law.
Browse the video on Best Books for CS Preparation in 2022
4. Attend Classes: These days, various websites and YouTube channels prescribe various modes of study, and ICSI also organises various types of classes and sessions on a regular basis for students’ better comprehension. Students have the option of selecting the sort of class they want to enrol in. They can choose which will assist them in better understanding the issues or in resolving their difficulties.
5. Using Mock Tests on a Regular Basis: We can never say this enough – Mock and practise tests are the backbone of any exam preparation. Mock tests help you become comfortable with the style of an examination. Since CSEET gets conducted online now, mocks also get taken while sitting at home. It may pose a challenge to build an examination-like atmosphere at home. Therefore, try to cancel out all distractions during the time you take your mock. Get yourself in a zone where your mind and body are completely focused on the exam.
Mocks would also help you analyse your speed in answering questions and your level of accuracy in the performance.
Several types of mock examinations are available on several websites, some of which require payment and others that do not.
6. Understand the CSEET Syllabus:
Before taking any entrance exam, you must completely familiarise yourself with the syllabus. Ensure you are aware of the papers, themes and sub-topics included in the entrance exam. Otherwise, your preparation would not start off systematically. It may lead to you regretting your decision of pursuing a course. After all, you can only like an exam and prepare for it if you are interested in its syllabus.
Therefore, it is recommended that applicants must read the syllabus fully to understand the coverage of the material under multiple headings.
7. Prepare for for Viva Voce:
It should be noted that Paper 4 has a section on Viva Voce in addition to current events. Now, the Viva Voce is comparable to the vivas or our practical tests before our Class Xth / Class XIIth Board Examinations. The main goal of Viva Voce is to assess a candidate’s communication skills because as a Company Secretary, you will need to communicate with company stakeholders, government / regulatory bodies, stock exchanges, and others. Without strong communication skills, it may be difficult to convey your views effectively.
Therefore, make sure you practise enough at home to prepare for it.
However, in lieu of the COVID pandemic, the Viva Voce was cancelled for the November 2021 attempt. So, make sure that you stay updated for any guidelines or notices from the ICSI around this.
Like any other competitive exam, CSEET also requires you to focus and be dedicated throughout your preparation. Therefore, make sure you approach your preparation with your aims and objectives in front of you and your head held high.
Check out our blogs where we discuss how you can crack the CA Foundation and the CMA Foundation exams which are similar to the CSEET in terms of difficulty. The tips there could also be of use since we are all working towards professional qualifications.
We hope you find these tips useful and you are ready to crack your exam on the very first attempt – All the best
Takshila Learning provides Online classes for CS Executive Entrance Test and CSEET study material that are based on the newest ICSI Syllabus and taught by India’s greatest professors. The main objective of Takshila learning is to assist students in passing their tests and becoming CAs & CS with good scores in their first attempt itself.