How can I become a CMA after the 12th? – CMA Course Eligibility , Duration & Syllabus
Course Details: Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
CMA has immense popularity among commerce students who wish to opt to work in the field of cost & management accounting. So, in this article, we will cover all of the essential course information for the CMA exam.
Over time, we have noticed that people frequently mix up terms like CMA, ICMAI, CWA, and ICWAI. So, to clear up any confusion, the Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India (ICWAI) has renamed itself as The Institute of Cost Management Accountants of India (ICMAI). In addition, the ICWA course has been renamed the CMA course. Therefore, there is no distinction between ICWAI and CMA and are the same course.
Three Stages in CMA (or ICWA):
CMA Course eligibility
CMA Foundation Course eligibility:
- A candidate must have passed the 10th class or equivalent examination from a recognized Institution or Board.
- A candidate must have passed the 10+2 scheme (senior secondary examination) of a recognized Board or an equivalent Examination held by the Central Government or have completed the National Diploma of Commerce Examination organised by the AICTE or Technical Education Board of any State under the supervision of the said All India Council, or the Rural Service Diploma Examination which National Council of Higher Education organises.
CMA Intermediate Course eligibility
- A candidate must have passed 10+2
- A candidate must have cleared any one of the following –
- the Institute of Cost Accountants of India’s Foundation Course.
- Graduation under any discipline other than Fine Arts.
- Foundation Part I examination of the CAT (Certificate In Accounting Technician) of the Institute.
- Foundation Part I examination and Competency Level Part II Examination of CAT (Certificate In Accounting Technician) of the Institute.
- A candidate must have passed Foundation of ICSI/ Intermediate of ICAI.
CMA Final Course eligibility
- A candidate must have passed all the eight papers of the ICWAI Intermediate Course to apply for the Final course of ICWAI.
CMA Course Duration:
To better understand the ICWAI CMA course, the average duration of the various course levels is listed below:
CMA Foundation Course Duration:
At the Foundation level, the minimum course duration is of 8 months.
CMA Intermediate Course Duration:
At the Intermediate level, the minimum course duration is of 10 months.
CMA Final Course Duration:
At the final level, the minimum course duration is of 18 months.
CMA Course Subjects – 2022:
In CMA, there are 4 papers at the foundation level, 8 papers at inter level, and 8 papers at the final level. Thus, the CMA course comprises of total 20 papers.
CMA Foundation Subjects – 2022:
Paper 1: Fundamentals of Economics & Management
Paper 2: Fundamentals of Accounting
Paper 3: Fundamentals of Laws & Ethics
Paper 4: Fundamentals of Business Mathematics and Statistic
CMA Inter Subjects – 2022:
Paper 5: Financial Accounting
Paper 6: Laws, Ethics and Governance
Paper 7: Direct Taxation
Paper 8: Cost accounting
Paper 9: Operation Management Information System
Paper 10: Cost and Management Accounting and Financial Management
Paper 11: Indirect Taxation
Paper 12: Company Accounts and Audit
CMA Final Subjects – 2022:
Paper 13: Corporate Laws & Compliance
Paper 14: Strategic Financial Management (SFM)
Paper 15: Strategic Cost Management – Decision making
Paper 16: Direct Tax Laws and International Taxation
Paper 17: Corporate Financial Reporting
Paper 18: Indirect Tax Laws and Practice
Paper 19: Cost and Management Audit
Paper 20: Strategic Performance Management and Business Valuation
FAQs regarding CMA Course
Can I take the CMA Foundation exam before finishing my 12th grade?
You can register for the exam but not take the exam. While completing 10+2, a candidate can enrol in the CMA Foundation Course and be offered provisional admission. Only after passing the 10+2 examination, the student will be eligible to take the Foundation Course.
Can I take the CMA Inter before finishing my degree?
You can register for the exam but not take the exam. A candidate who wishes to enrol in the CMA Intermediate Course will be granted provisional admission while completing their undergraduate courses. Only after becoming a graduate will the student be eligible to take the Intermediate Course.
Students enrolling for the Intermediate Course after passing the CMA Foundation/CS Foundation/Intermediate get considered as regular students and are eligible to take the Intermediate Course Examination even if they are enrolled in undergraduate courses.
Job Opportunities for CMAs and Major practising opportunities for CMAs
- Cost & Management Accounting
- Financial Management
- Financial/Business Analyst
- Systems Analyst & Systems Management
- Auditing, Internal Control
- Tax Management – Direct and Indirect Tax
- Capital Market Analyst, Fund Manager
- Portfolio Analyst
- ERP Implementation
- Process Analysis in BPO/KPO Sector
- Implementing Business Intelligence Systems
- Academic Opportunities
- Professors in Accounting & Finance
- Opportunities for pursuing PhD
- GST Audit & Consultancy
Rights and Duties of Company Auditor
CA Intermediate 2021- 2022 – FAQs
Cash Flow Statement & Cash Equivalents
Takshila learning one of the best educational portals for CA Online Classes & Chartered Accountant Course (CA Course)– CA Foundation, CA Intermediate & CA Final. Takshila Learning offers video lectures for CA Course as per the latest ICAI Syllabus by India’s best faculties. Our main objective is to support the aspirants to do their best and become successful Charted Accountants with all the necessary skills in place. Our mentors strive to get that perfection in the CA aspirants.
Takshila learning helps you reach the highest position in the career as a Charted Accountant
Prepare now for CMA Inter Exams with our CMA Inter Coaching online classes right from your home.
Here, at Takshila Learning, we offer CMA Foundation, CMA Inter, and CMA Final Video Lectures and CMA Foundation Pen drive Classes with CMA Foundation Study Material to help you in CMA Foundation Exam Preparation.
Register with us today to become a Cost and Management Accountant!
Subscribe to our social channel.
0 responses on "How can I become a CMA after the 12th? CMA Course Eligibility, Duration & Syllabus - 2022"