National Doctor’s Day In India
National Doctor’s Day is observed every year in India on 1 July to honor Doctor Bidan Chandra Roy, the great physician and the second Chief Minister of West Bengal. To this day, we recognize the contribution of physician human service to mankind.
Doctor’s Day is celebrated on different dates in different countries around the world. Many government and non-government health organizations celebrate this day. There is no doubt that the doctor has an important role in our lives. Doctor’s Day in India was first observed in July 1991. There is a need to raise awareness of the role, importance and responsibilities of doctors and promote medical careers.
Doctors, they are often given God-given status in our country, and this is no good reason. If we speak today, however, there are many doctors who are not particularly ethical; however, there are many who understand the true value and value of the profession they choose. Doctors’ Day is to celebrate and thank such doctors.
This day is celebrated as a way for doctors to highlight their value in our lives and to honor their selfless service.
This day is to commemorate not only the doctors but also the medical industry and its progress. The efforts of doctors to improve the lives of people through technology have been relentless in India these days, marking those achievements.
The day gives us an opportunity to thank the doctors and patients, the communities they serve, and the community overall. There is no doubt about their hard work that we will keep everyone healthy.
WHY DOCTOR’S DAY IN INDIA IS CELEBRATED ON 1 JULY?
In fact, Doctors’ Day is celebrated on different dates in different countries around the world. One of the most famous doctors in India, it is celebrated in India on 1 July as it is the birthday of Doctor Bidan Chandra Roy (Dr. BC Roy).
It was started by the Government of India in 1991 as an honor for the Great Doctor.
ABOUT DR. BC ROY
He was a noted physician and a famous freedom fighter. Dr. BC Roy was the second Chief Minister of Bengal. He held this position from 19 until 18 years till his death in 1962. He is considered the best architect of West Bengal. He established five cities in West Bengal: Durgapur, Bidanagar, Ashoknagar, Kalyani and Habra. He was a member of the Brahmo Samaj. He was an alumnus of the University of Calcutta at the Medical College of Calcutta. The Central Government instituted an award in his memory. Doctor Bidan Chandra Roy was instrumental in founding the Indian Medical Association (IMA) and Medical Council of India (MCI) in 1928.
NATIONAL DOCTORS DAY: HISTORY
Dr. BC Roy, senior doctor and second chief minister of West Bengal, is celebrating the birth and death anniversary of the same day. This day pays homage to the medical profession and the value of doctors in our lives. Dr. In honor of Doctor Bidan Chandra Roy, the central government instituted National Doctors’ Day in 1991 and celebrated on 1 July.
Doctor Bidan Chandra Roy was born on July 1, 1882 and died on the same date in 1962. Bharat Ratna was awarded India’s highest civilian award on February 4, 1961. Doctors Day is celebrated on different dates in other countries. It is celebrated on March 30 in the US, December 3 in Cuba and in Iran on August 23.
Note: In March 1933, American Day was celebrated for the first time in the US state of Georgia. Doctors died by sending cards, celebrating the day with flowers in the doctors’ graves.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT DOCTOR’S DAY
- In different countries, the day is celebrated on other days, such as in Brazil, on 18th October and in the US on 30th March.
- The symbol of Dr. Day is the red carnation, as the flower is characterized by love, charity, selflessness, renunciation, and the qualities that a doctor must possess.
- The first Doctor’s Day was celebrated on March 30, 1933 in the US state of Georgia. The doctors sent cards and placed flowers on the dead doctors’ graves.
DOCTOR’S DAY IN INDIA: CELEBRATIONS
- Government and non-governmental health care organizations have been celebrating National Physician Day for many years to become familiar with the contribution of physicians. Employees of healthcare organizations organize many events and activities these days. For the great celebrations of the Dock de Rotary Club of North Kolkata and the North East Calcutta Social Welfare Organization, great events are held every year.
- In order to promote quality medical services to the public, health care organizations conduct medical and medical check-up camps at various health care centers and public places. Doctors also encourage rotational medical services. Various discussion programs are held across the country to educate the public on health screening, prevention, diagnosis and proper treatment of the disease.
- Conducts general screening test camps for the poor and senior citizens to assess health status, health counseling, health nutrition discussions and awareness of chronic illnesses.
- Various activities such as serial blood tests, random blood sugar tests, ECGs, EEGs and hypertension tests are conducted to make people aware of the invaluable role of doctors in everyone’s life.
- There are many activities organized at the school and college level to encourage and dedicate young people to select medical careers.
WHY DOCTORS WEAR WHITE COAT?
Do you know why Doctor’s wear white coat? Do you ever amazed at why doctors wear white color coat only? Here is the answer.
Before the mid-19th century, only scientists working in labs wore pale pink or yellow lab coats. Laboratory scientists at the time were detrimental to the doctors’ reputation, to show that the treatment of drugs was ineffective, so the doctors were punished. At that time, scientists were praised by the public and administrators and no longer trusted doctors or doctors.
Eventually, it was later thought that discoveries made in laboratories might actually succeed in curing diseases. So, Doctors adopted the scientific laboratory coat as their standard of clothing, and doctors started wearing the coat as an identification mark in 1889 AD. When the lab coat was accepted by medical professionals, they preferred the color of the coat to be white. Dr. Klein is a surgeon at the General Hospital in Montreal and president of the Canadian Medical Association. The modern white coat was introduced to medicine in Canada by George Armstrong (1855–1933).
White was chosen as the new standard of the medical profession for good reason. This color represents purity and reflects the doctor’s commitment without harm. Also, white represents goodness. For example, Moses, Jesus, and the saints are described as wearing white clothes. White represents cleanliness and signifies severity of purpose, purification of infection.
In addition, the white coat explains the medical purpose of the physician and acts as a symbolic inhibitor that maintains a professional distance between the doctor and the patient. Perhaps most importantly, white is considered a color of peace, a cloak of compassion, and a discount given by doctors to treat and comfort patients. This is why doctors always wear a white coat. After arriving at the hospital, it is believed that patients can remain positive in a stressful environment and doctors will always wear a white coat. Therefore, from the 20th century, doctors started wearing white coats.
Since the 20th century, doctors have worn a white coat because white is considered a symbol of peace, purity and integrity. Just as doctors are giving new life to patients, white is a symbol of peace and identity.
An internal survey, in which doctors wearing white coats showed some effects:
- Doctor wear White coat as it is easily recognizable by patients, nurses and other doctors.
- Stethoscope is easy to carry, due to the large pocket of white coat.
- Empowerment as a Physician.
- To follow the social expectations of doctors.
- Protect yourself from infection from people around you.
- It is a mark of cleanliness.
- Protect patients from self-pollution.
- White coat helps to maintain body temperature in the cold of the hospital.
Therefore, Dr. National Doctors Day is celebrated on July 1 every year to honor Doctor Bidan Chandra Roy and his contributions and the day reminds us to thank the doctors for their selfless service and health care. HAPPY DOCTOR’S DAY!
Hope you Enjoyed Reading!
Do share your feedback with us.
Do you know When, why and how CA day is celebrated in India?
IBPS RRB 2020 Notification Out : Vacancy, Eligibility, Exam Dates, & Syllabus
Here, at TAKSHILA LEARNING, we have designed Online Classes for various Courses, such as
School from K- 12, Professional Courses, i.e., Chartered Accountant Course /CS/ CMA Course online /IFRS ,
Skill Development courses, i.e., Digital Marketing Course , Competitive Exams, i.e., SSC/Banking/Railways.
Call at 8800999280 / 8800999283 / 8800999284 fill the form for any other details:
0 responses on "HAPPY NATIONAL DOCTOR’S DAY IN INDIA ON JULY 1"