Happy Engineers Day 2018 : Engineering things that made your life easy
Engineers don’t sit back and watch – they make things happen. Using innovation, creativity and a wealth of knowledge, engineering graduates are impacting the world unlike any other.
The world is changing, and engineers are the ones behind so much of this development. The majority of today’s services and products had some element of engineering involved in their conception at least, paving the way to long, fulfilling and healthy lives for the people influenced by them.
Engineers must be critical yet creative; curious yet capable; as well as ready to handle the constantly changing world.
Engineering things made your life easy….
- The Telephone – the telephone was invented by Alexander Graham Bell. The telephone allowed people to communicate & exchange information’s between people across the world. The telephone also contributed to the invention of the internet.
- The Computers – the computers allowed for easier use of storing & recording data, processing complex data. Made life more data quick & easier. The internet made world more connected.
- The light Bulb – before, oil lamps and candles were used. When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb he created a safer way for people to the light up their homes. Today light bulb is most used invention compared to phones & computers.
- The Printing Press – allowed for the mass production of books and other documents which helped unite the world and spread information more efficiently.
- The Steam Engines – significantly cut down the time to produce goods and labor cost. Also provided the faster way of transportation for people & goods.