Garbage In Garbage Out – Management of Waste | CBSE Class 6 Science
Management of Waste – Online Class 6 Science In this article, we covered the study material of Class 6 Science CBSE BOARD. Here we have shared notes on Chapter Garbage In, Garbage out. It covers the knowledge for Management of Waste, sources of waste, How to reduce waste?, How we can re-use things?
Different ways to manage Biodegradable Waste
- It refers to the recycling of organic waste. The waste like a vegetable peel, eggshells, leaves, dead flowers etc is organic waste which is buried in composite pits.
- These wastes are degraded with small organisms like fungi and bacteria.
- When composting is done with the help of earthworm called red worm. The red worm acts on waste and degrades them.
- Veri-compost is prepared in 3-4 weeks when redworm breaks down into an organic matter like nutrient-rich manure.
- Ver-compost increases soil fertility.
- When large lands are used for waste disposal is called landfills.
- In this method, the huge amount of biodegradable waste is disposed of in landfills.
- Garbage buried here in such a way that it does not harm the environment.
- Decomposition process takes place slowly under this method.
- These landfills areas are converted into parks. Example- Indraprastha Park New Delhi.
Different ways to manage Non- Biodegradable waste
Non-Biodegradable waste is disposed of with the concept of 3R’s
Here, we need to reduce the amount of waste we generate. It is a human tendency to buy more than required. Due to these disposable items are used like a ballpoint pen, disposable napkins, plastic bags. Use of such things is dangerous for the environment and human health.
How to reduce waste?
- Usage of fountain pen then ballpoint pen.
- Usage of cloth napkin than the paper napkin
- Usage of paper bags than plastic bags.
- Usage of the newspaper for packing.
To save waste, we can re-use the items repeatedly.
How we can re-use things?
- The tin jars and other bottles can be used for restoring purposes.
- Usage of old clothes for other stuff like the handkerchief, etc.
- Buy glass bottles then metal.
It is a process where waste materials are used for producing new products.
Example- Glass, metal, plastic, paper etc.
How plastic is recycled?
- Plastic products like bucket, bottles, comb etc are non-bio degradable waste which releases harmful gases by burning. Therefore, they are less used. In many regions’ plastic is strictly prohibited for any use.
- Instead of using plastic bags, paper and jute bags are used.
- Plastic jars and containers are used to grow plants.
- Empty bottles are used for storage.
- Zip foils are used for storing food.
How paper is recycled?
- As we know the paper is made from tree and tree is essential for the healthy environment on earth. Deforestation and depletion of trees is a great concern for all.
- Ways to save papers:
- Always use both sides of the paper.
- Use unused pages from old books for rough work.
Follow us on a Social media
Call us: 8800999280/83/84 or fill the form for any other details:
Tag: Garbage In Garbage Out, Manage Biodegradable Waste, How to reduce waste?, How we can re-use things?, Online Class 6 Science