ONLINE ENGLISH QUIZ FOR SSC
This quiz contains 5 questions on fill in the blanks and 5 questions on error detection. Try to attempt these questions in a time- bound manner as these topics are important for upcoming exams.
Directions (1-5): Fill in the blanks
Adult tigers will meet socially only during courtship, when a male and female stay together for several days. After successful mating, the tigress will (_____1_____) away the male to (_____2_____) the cubs by herself. Cubs are born blind after a gestation period between 96 and 104 days. If their eyes open after two weeks, they do not begin to eat well until the second month. At this stage, they are most (_____3_____) to predators like jackals and hyenas as they are left alone for long periods when the tigress is away hunting. Infant mortality is therefore high; a tigress (_____4______) raises more than one cub per litter successfully. She will keep her (_____5_____) with her for almost two years, teaching them everything necessary to perfect their survival skills. At the end of this time, she will gently push them away so that she is free to search out a new mate and begin the breeding cycle anew.
1. (a) Run
3. (a) Averse
4. (a) Seldom
5. (a) Newborn
Directions (6-10): Error Detection. If there is ‘No error’, the answer is e).
6. The protestors went on a rampaging (a)/ and set ablaze three shops (b)/ resulting in injuries to 30 people (c)/ including women and children. (d)/ No error (e)
7. It is evident that (a)/the banking sector has underwent (b)/tremendous change during(c)/the past two decades.(d)/No error(e).
8. The reports prompted the chairman of (a)/ the organizing committee to address a hurried press conference (b)/ where he reprimanded the media (c)/for conducting a “prejudiced campaign”.(d)/No error(e).
9. The merchant counted (a)/ the number of pearls (b) to make sure that (c) none of them were missing. (d)No error (e).
10. How is it that (a) neither your friend Mahesh (b)/ nor his brother Ramesh have protested (c)/ against this injustice? (d)/ No error (e)
Learn more quizzes here for English Quiz For RRB Exam
Get Daily Current Affairs & Gktoday
Follow us on a Social media
Call us: 8800999280/8800999284 or fill the form for any other details:
Important Tag- English Question for Competitive exam, English Quiz, SSC, Railway, Banking, and insurance exams, English Quiz for Competitive Exam, Quiz for Railway Exam , English Quiz for RRB Exam, Free English Quiz for Railways, English Quiz for Railways, Online English Quiz for Railways, Best Quiz for Railways NTPC