Free English Quiz for IBPS RRB , SBI & SSC – PART : 47
Directions (1-5): Rearrange the following six sentence (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the questions
(A) Anything that you touch will turn into gold’- The king was delighted with his good fortune.
(B) Even though he was very rich he always craved for more and more.
(C) Everything he touched turned into gold. He turned trees, grass, tables, chairs, flowers, and vases into gold.
(D) One day, he called his court magician and commanded, Find me a spell that can get me more treasures than I already have.”
(E) King Midas was a very greedy king.
(F) The magician said, “Your majesty, I can give you a power that no one else in this world has.
1. Which of the following should be the FIRST sentence after rearrangement?
(a) F (b) E (c) B (d) A (e)C
2. Which of the following should be the SECOND sentence after rearrangement?
(a) A (b) B (c) C (d) E (e) D
3. Which of the following should be the THIRD sentence after rearrangement?
(a) E (b) F (c) D (d) C (e) B
4. Which of the following should be the FOURTH sentence after rearrangement?
(a)B (b)G (c)F (d)E (e)C
5. Which of the following should be the LAST (SIXTH) sentence after rearrangement?
(a)C (b)A (c)B (d)D (e)F
For question (1-5); The correct sequence to form meaningful paragraph is EBDGAC.
Directions (6-10): In the following passage, some of the words have been left out, each of which is indicated by a number. Find the suitable word from the options given against each number and fill up the blanks with appropriate words to make the paragraph meaningfully complete.
A camel and a jackal were friends. One day the jackal ____(6)____ his friend to a big sugar-cane farm. It was on the opposite side of a river. After a ____(7)_____ meal the jackal
began to howl loudly. The frightened camel pleaded ___(8)____ the jackal not to do so. The jackal said, “Friend, I have this habit after every meal. I cannot help it.” Soon the farmers arrived and gave a sound thrashing to the camel. When the camel crossed the river the jackal joined him on his back. In the midstream the camel took a deliberate dip ___(9)___ the water. When the jackal cried out in terror, the camel said casually: “I have the habit of rolling in the water after every meal.” The poor jackal was ____(10)___.
6. (a) brought (b) bought (c) took (d) taken (e) invites
7. (a) daily (b) desirous (c) delicacy (d) dinner (e) sumptuous
8. (a) to (b) for (c) on (d) with (e) before
9. (a) onto (b) in (c) within (d) down (e) on
10. (a)sank (b) sinking (c) drowning (d) drowned (e) wetting
Call us: 8800999280/8800999284 or fill the form for any other details:
Important Tags : Free English Quiz for IBPS RRB / Free English Quiz / Free English Quiz for IBPS / English Quiz for IBPS RRB / English Quiz / Online English Quiz for IBPS PO / Online English Quiz for IBPS CLERK / Online English Quiz for SBI PO / Online English Quiz for SBI CLERK / Online English Quiz for SSC / English Quiz for SSC