Free English Quiz For IBPS CLERK & PO Exam 2019 – Part : 43
Directions (1-3): In each of the questions, four alternatives are given for the Idiom/Phrase. Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase and click the button corresponding to it.
- Keep the wolf from the door
(a) To keep your enemy’s at a distance so that they can’t harm or injure you.
(b) An activity or situation which is full of risks or serious difficulties.
(c) to be able to comprehend any danger.
(d) to maintain oneself at a minimal level
- TEETHING PROBLEMS
(a) Vulnerable area or a weak spot that could cause one’s downfall or failure.
(b) Problems that can only be solved at the ground levels
(c) Short-term problems that occur in the early stages of a new project.
(d) An annoying problem which persists for a long time.
- At a stone’s throw
(a)At a short distance
(b)At a place where quarrels take place
(c)At a great distance
Directions (4-5): Find the correctly spelt word
- (a) Dictionrey
- (a) Ambigouous
Direction (6-8): Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences and click the button corresponding to it.
- A person who is blamed for the wrongdoings
- Impossible to change or improve
- To make atonement for one’s sins
Directions (9 – 11): In the following questions, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the button corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the “No error” option.
- After the farewell (A)/, the students of (B)/class 12th bade each other goodbye (C)/. No error (D).
- If you permit me to speak the truth (A) / I shall state without hesitation (B) / that you have done a mistake (C) / No Error (D)
- I succeeded persuading him (A) / to come with me (B) / only after hours of argument (C) / No Error (D)
Directions (12-13): In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word.
Directions (14-15): In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is most opposite to the word given in bold.
Learn English Quiz for Competitive Exam (SBI ,IBPS -PO & Clerk : PART 40) here.
Buy english video lecture for bank po & clerk – SSC , SBI , IBPS & RRB.