Federal Bank Recruitment Notification 2018 – 19
Online Banking Classes : Federal Bank, one of India’s leading Private Sector Banks invite applications for Scale I Officer & Clerk Vacancies. They have organised an Online Aptitude Test for Officers and Clerk to select the candidates. The Online mode of applying for recruitment will be started from 14th August and end on 27th August 2018. The selection process of the recruitment process is different to the post which candidate will select. Candidate will be selected according to bank norms.
No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
Check Complete Recruitment Details Below:-
- Important Dates
|Opening Date of Online Registration Gateway/ Remittance of Application fee||14th August 2018|
|Closing Date of Online Registration Gateway/ Remittance of Application fee||27th August 2018|
|Proposed Date of Online Aptitude Test for Officers and Clerks||09th September 2018|
Scale of Pay and Other Emoluments
Officers (in Scale I) – Federal Bank Recruitment Notification 2018-19
Presently the starting Basic Pay applicable to Officers (in Scale I) is ` 23700 in the scale of pay ` 23700 – 980/7 – 30560 – 1145/2 – 32850 – 1310/7 – 42020.
The official will also be eligible for DA, Lease rental/HRA, CCA, Medical and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time. The Cost to Company per annum would be a minimum of ` 7.50 Lakhs and the maximum of ` 9.40 Lakhs depending upon the place of posting and other factors.
Presently the starting Basic Pay (applicable to Clerks) is ` 13075 in the scale of pay ` 11765
– 655/3 – 13730 – 815/3 – 16175 – 980/4 – 20095 – 1145/7 – 28110 – 2120/1 – 30230 – 1310/1 – 31540.
The official will also be eligible for DA, HRA/ Additional HRA, Medical and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time. The Cost to Company per annum would be a minimum of ` 3.99 Lakhs and maximum of ` 4.41 Lakhs depending upon the place of posting and other factors.
2. Location of Post – Federal Bank Recruitment Notification 2018-19
Candidates selected for the post of Officers or Clerks shall be posted in any of the Branches/Offices of the Bank depending upon the administrative requirements.
3. Period on probation (As per Post)
Officers – Candidates selected as Officers will be on probation for a period of 2
Clerks – Candidates selected as Clerks will be on probation for a period of 6
4. Eligibility Criteria for Candidates
(A) Age (As on 01.07.2018)
- Officers – Candidates shall not exceed 26 years as on 07.2018 (candidates should be born on or after 01.07.1992) for being eligible to apply for the post of Officers.
- Clerks – Candidates shall not exceed 24 years as on 07.2018 (candidates should be born on or after 01.07.1994) for being eligible to apply for the post of Clerks.
(B) Educational Qualifications of Candidates
- Post-Graduates with minimum 60% marks in any discipline from a recognized University or any other Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of UGC Act,
- Candidates should have completed their Post-Graduation during the academic years 2016-17 or 2017-18 (passing out a year of their post-graduation should be 2017 or 2018)
- Candidates should have completed their academics (from 10th onwards) in the regular mode of
- Candidates should have a consistent academic record of minimum 60% marks from class 10th onwards (for 10th, 12th, Graduation and Post-Graduation).
- Graduates or Post-Graduates with minimum 60% marks in any discipline from a recognized University or any other Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of UGC Act,
- Candidates with highest qualification as Graduation should have completed their Graduation during the academic years 2016-17 or 2017-18 (passing out year should be 2017 or 2018).
- Candidates with highest qualification as Post-Graduation should have completed their Post-Graduation during the academic years 2016-17 or 2017-18 (passing out year should be 2017 or 2018).
- Candidates should have completed their academics (from 10th onwards) in the regular mode of
- Candidates should have a consistent academic record of minimum 60% marks from class 10th onwards (Graduates- 60% for 10th, 12th & Graduation) & (Post Graduates – 60 % for 10th, 12th, Graduation & Post–Graduation).
- Candidates are eligible to apply only if they have completed their Graduation or Post-Graduation in the stipulated academic years. In the case of candidates whose final results of the qualifying examination is yet to be published by the University / Institution by 27.08.2018, they are eligible to apply only if, they
- Have cleared all the papers of previous year/semesters of qualifying examination and secured minimum marks of 60% as on 08.2018 and all papers pertaining to the subsequent semester(s)/ years should be cleared invariably in the first chance itself with an aggregate of 60% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Submit their final certificates/results at the time of joining or as demanded by the
- Graduation course must complete the minimum of 3 years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2).
- Post-Graduation course must complete a minimum of 2 years of education after completing Graduation.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be based on the practice followed by the University / Institution from where the candidate has obtained the Graduation / Post In case of the candidates being awarded grades / CGPA instead of marks, percentage would be based on the equivalence certified by the University / Institution from where they have obtained the degree.
- Year wise / semester wise mark sheet for each year/semester in respect of the qualifying examinations from the concerned University should be made
- Minimum percentage of marks prescribed for the qualifying examinations is not allowed to be rounded (For example a candidate who secured only 59.99% of marks will not be permitted to appear for the process as the minimum stipulated percentage is 60%).
The candidates applying for participation in the recruitment process shall be a citizen of India.
(D) Place of Domicile
- Officers: The place of domicile of the candidates applying for the post of Officers should be in any of the States of Gujarat, Haryana, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, New Delhi, Punjab, Tamil Nadu or West
- Clerks: The place of domicile of candidates applying for the post of Clerks should be in any of the States of Haryana, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, New Delhi, Punjab or Tamil
Note: Candidate shall submit domicile certificate in support of their place of domicile at the time of Personal Interview.
Mode of Selection
Selection will be based on Online Aptitude Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview or any other mode of selection which will be decided by the Bank. The online aptitude test will be
followed by a psychometric questionnaire for a maximum duration of 15 minutes. The process will be conducted in various centers depending upon the number of candidates.
The Bank reserves the right to allot the candidate any of the centers other than the one opted for by him / her, to advance/ postpone / reschedule the online aptitude test/ interview dates and/ or to add or delete or modify/ change the center and venues and/ or cancel the selection process on account of technical or administrative exigencies or any other reason.
Only the short-listed candidates will be called for the second phase of selection process consisting of Group Discussion (GD) & Personal Interview (PI). The short-listing of the candidates will be made on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the Online Aptitude Test. The Bank reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates for GD & PI, after short-listing as aforesaid.
Online Aptitude Test Pattern
- The online aptitude test pattern for the recruitment of Officers consists of 6 sections as given below:
|Sl. No||Name of the Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time|
|I||Verbal Ability / English Language||30||30||Composite|
|II||Logical Aptitude / Reasoning||30||30||time of 90|
|III||Quantitative / Numerical Ability||30||30||minutes for|
|IV||General, Socio-economic & Banking||25||25||all the tests|
- The online aptitude test pattern for the recruitment of Clerks consists of 6 sections as given below:
|Sl. No||Name of the Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time|
|I||Verbal Ability / English Language||20||20||Composite|
|II||Logical Aptitude / Reasoning||20||20||time of 60|
|III||Quantitative / Numerical Ability||20||20||minutes for|
|IV||General, Socio-economic & Banking||10||10||all the tests|
- The online aptitude test will be followed by a psychometric questionnaire for a maximum duration of 15
- There will be negative marks at the rate of 25 for each wrong answer. The qualifying criteria will be decided by the Bank as per its selection / recruitment policy.
- The date of Online Aptitude Test for Officers and Clerks is tentatively scheduled on 09th September 2018 at different time
Venues for Online Aptitude Test
The Bank is proposed to conduct the online aptitude test at the following centers:
|Mangalore||Mumbai / Navi|
Mumbai / Thane
|Madurai||Malappuram||Mangalore||Mumbai / Navi|
Mumbai / Thane
The Bank reserves the right to cancel any of the centres and/ or add some other centres depending upon the response, administrative feasibility etc. The Bank also reserves the right to allow the candidate any of the centres other than the one he/ she has opted for.
The selected candidates will be required to execute a Service Agreement upon joining the Bank undertaking to serve the Bank for minimum 2 years or to pay the Bank a sum of ` 50,000/- in case the candidate leaves the Bank before completion of the service period.
ii. Clerks – Federal Bank Recruitment Notification 2018-19
The selected candidates will be required to execute a Service Agreement upon joining the Bank undertaking to serve the Bank for minimum 2 years or to pay the Bank a sum of ` 30,000/- in case the candidate leaves the Bank before completion of the service period.
Application Fee Details (Non-refundable)
|General/ Others||` 700|
|General/ Others||` 500|
*Online transaction charges & GST at applicable rates (@ 18%) to be charged extra.
- Candidates desirous of participating in selection processes for both the posts shall submit separate applications & make applicable payments
- Application fees can only be paid online through the payment gateway, using a Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit cards or Internet On successful completion of the transaction through the payment gateway, the online application form will be generated with the payment details.
- The payment towards recruitment application fees can be made between 08.2018 and 27.08.2018 (both days inclusive).
How to Apply? Federal Bank Recruitment Notification 2018-19
- Application Registration
- To Apply online, log on to Bank’s website federalbank.co.in, follow the link ‘Careers’, click ‘Current Openings’ tab and click on the link ‘Recruitment Process 2018 -19’. Read the full details and eligibility criteria carefully. Then click on ‘Apply Now’ button hosted below the link ‘Recruitment Process 2018 – 19’.
- For registeration, choose the tab ‘Click here for New Registration’ and enter Candidate Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system automatically and displayed on the Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. Candiidate will get An Email & SMS to indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password.
- You Should Enter the Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Spouse/Mother should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the Application.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button on every
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing ‘SAVE AND NEXT’ Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the ‘SAVE AND NEXT’ facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ only after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the ‘FINAL SUBMIT’
- Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for
Payment of Fees for Federal Bank Recruitment Notification 2018-19
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, Cash Cards/ Mobile
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE
- On successful completion of the transaction, an E-Receipt will be
- Non-generation of ‘E-Receipt’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of
6. There is the facility to print application form containing fee details after payment of fees by logging in as Registered User using Registration Number and Password.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the E-Receipt and online Application Form containing fee Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
Downloading Call Letter for Federal Bank Recruitment Notification 2018-19
Candidates will have to visit the careers page of Bank’s official website for downloading call letters for online aptitude test. Intimation for downloading call letter will also be sent through email/SMS. Once the candidate clicks on the relevant link, he/she can access the window for
call letter download. The candidate is required to use (i) Registration Number/Roll Number, (ii) Password/Date of Birth for downloading the call letter.
Candidate needs to affix recent recognizable photograph on the call letter preferably the same as provided during registration and appear at the online aptitude test center with (i) Call Letter
(ii) Photo Identity Proof as stipulated in clause (14) below and also specified in the call letter and photocopy of the same.
CANDIDATES REPORTING LATE i.e. after the reporting time specified on the call letter for online aptitude test will not be permitted to take the online aptitude test. The reporting time mentioned on the call letter is prior to the start time of the test. Though the duration of the online aptitude test is 90 minutes (Officer) / 60 minutes (Clerk), candidates may be required to be at the venue for about 2-3 hours including the time required for completion of various formalities such as verification and collection of various requisite documents, logging in, giving of instructions etc.
- Biometric Data – Capturing and Verification (Day of Online Aptitude Test)
The biometric data (thumb impression) and the photograph of the candidates will be captured on the day of the online aptitude test.
The biometric data and photograph will be verified subsequently. Decision of the Biometric data verification authority with regard to its status (matched or mismatched) shall be final and binding upon the candidates.
Candidates are requested to take care of the following points in order to ensure a smooth process:
- If fingers are coated (stamped ink/mehndi/colored…etc.), ensure to thoroughly wash them so that coating is completely removed before the online aptitude test / interview / joining
- If fingers are dirty or dusty, ensure to wash them and dry them before the finger print (biometric) is
- Ensure fingers of both hands are If fingers are moist, wipe each finger to dry them.
- If the primary finger (thumb) to be captured is injured / damaged, immediately notify the concerned authority in the online aptitude test
Identity Verification (Day of Assessments) – Federal Bank Recruitment Notification 2018-19
In the online aptitude test hall as well as at the time of interview, the call letter along with original and a photocopy of the candidate’s currently valid photo identity (bearing exactly the same name as it appears on the call letter) such as PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ Voter’s Card/ Photo identity proof issued by a Gazetted Officer on official letterhead along with photograph / Photo identity proof issued by a People’s Representative on official letterhead along with photograph / Aadhar card/E-Aadhar Card with a photograph should be submitted to the invigilator for verification.
The candidate’s identity will be verified with respect to his/her details on the call letter, in the Attendance List and requisite documents submitted. If identity of the candidate is in doubt the candidate may not be allowed to appear for the online aptitude test.
- Ration Card is not valid id proof for this purpose.
Note: Candidates have to produce in original the photo identity proof and submit photocopy of the photo identity proof along with online aptitude test call letter as well as the Interview Call Letter while attending the online aptitude test/ interview respectively, without which they will not be allowed to take up the online aptitude test/ interview. Candidates must note that the name as appearing on the call letter (provided during the process of registration) should exactly match the name as appearing on the photo identity proof. Female candidates who have changed first/last/middle name post marriage must take special note of this. If there is any mismatch between the name indicated in the Call Letter and Photo Identity Proof the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the online aptitude test. In case of candidates who have changed their name, will be allowed only if they produce original Gazette notification / their original marriage certificate / affidavit in original.
Guidelines for persons with disabilities using a scribe
The visually impaired candidates and candidates whose writing speed is adversely affected permanently for any reason can use their own scribe at their cost during the online aptitude test, subject to limits as in (i) and (ii) below. In all such cases where a scribe is used, the following rules will apply:
- The candidate will have to arrange his/her own scribe at his/her own
- The scribe arranged by the candidate should not be a candidate for the same online aptitude If violation of the above is detected at any stage of the process; candidature of both the candidate and the scribe will be cancelled. Candidates eligible for and who wish to use the services of a scribe in the online aptitude test should invariably carefully indicate the same in the online application form. Any subsequent request may not be favorably entertained.
- A person acting as a scribe for one candidate cannot be a scribe for another
- The scribe may be from any academic
- Both the candidate as well as scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking confirming that the scribe fulfils all the stipulated eligibility criteria for a scribe mentioned Further in case it later transpires that he/she did not fulfill any laid down eligibility criteria or suppressed material facts, the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled, irrespective of the result of the online aptitude test.
- Those candidates who use a scribe shall be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of the online aptitude test or as otherwise
- Only candidates registered for compensatory time will be allowed such concessions since compensatory time given to candidates shall be system based, it shall not be possible for the test conducting agency to allow such time if he / she is not registered for the
- Candidates not registered for compensatory time shall not be allowed such
(i) Guidelines for Candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy
A compensatory time of 20 minutes every hour or otherwise advised shall be permitted for the candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy where dominant (writing) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function (minimum of 40% impairment).
(ii) Guidelines for Visually Impaired candidates
Visually Impaired candidates (who suffer from not less than 40% of disability) may opt to view the contents of the test in magnified font and all such candidates will be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour or otherwise advised of online aptitude test.
Action against candidates found guilty of misconduct/ use of unfair means
Candidates are advised in their own interest that they should not furnish any particulars that are false, tampered with or fabricated and should not suppress any material information while submitting online application. At the time of online aptitude test, interview or in a subsequent selection procedure, if a candidate is (or has been) found guilty of:
- Using unfair means or
- Impersonating or procuring impersonation by any person or
- misbehaving in the online aptitude test / interview hall or disclosing, publishing, reproducing, transmitting, storing or facilitating transmission and storage of contents of the test(s) or any information therein in whole or part thereof in any form or by any means, verbal or written, electronically or mechanically for any purpose or
- Resorting to any irregular or improper means in connection with his/ her candidature or
- Obtaining support for his/ her candidature by unfair means, or
- Carrying mobile phones or similar electronic devices of communication in the online aptitude test/ interview hall, such a candidate may, in addition to rendering himself/ herself liable to criminal prosecution, be liable:
- to be disqualified from the online aptitude test for which he/ she is a candidate
- to be debarred either permanently or for a specified period from any online aptitude test conducted by the
- for termination of service, if he/ she has already joined th
General Instructions for Federal Bank Recruitment Notification 2018-19
- Before filling in the online application form, the candidate must ensure that he/ she fulfills all the eligibility criteria with respect to age, educational qualifications/ domicile and that the particulars furnished in the application form are correct in all respects. In case it is detected at any stage that a candidate does not fulfill any of the eligibility criteria, and / or that he / she has furnished any incorrect information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his / her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these anomalies is/are detected even after the appointment, his/her services are liable to be terminated.
- Decision of the Bank in all matters regarding eligibility of the candidate, the stages at which such scrutiny of eligibility is to be undertaken, the documents to be produced at the time of online aptitude test, group discussion, interview, selection and any other matter relating to recruitment will be final and binding on the candidates. No correspondence or personal enquiries shall be entertained by the Bank in this regard.
- The Bank reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standard, , in order to restrict the number of candidates to be called for online aptitude test, group discussion and interview commensurate with the number of vacancies.
- Eligible candidates have to appear for the selection process / online aptitude test interview at their own expense at the venue and date notified by the Bank.
An application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and the application fee once paid will NOT BE refunded on any account nor would be held in reserve for any future online aptitude test or selection. The application fee shall also NOT BE refunded in case the application is rejected / not considered by Federal Bank.
- The candidates should bring the following documents while coming for the online aptitude test – Call letter along with a valid photo identity proof in original and photocopy (such as Aadhar Card / PAN card / Passport / Voter ID Card / Driving License or any other valid proof of identification with a photograph).
- Candidates are advised not to change their appearance till the recruitment process is complete.
- Request for change of address / change of center for selection process/online aptitude test/ interview shall not be
- The Bank has the right to reject any application/ candidature at any stage without assigning any reason and the decision of the Bank shall be
- Appointments of selected candidates will be subject to his / her being declared medically fit by the Bank’s Medical Officer, satisfactory report about his / her character and antecedents by the Police Authorities, satisfactory references from respectable referees, verification of caste / tribe certificate (for reserved category candidates only) and completion of all other pre-recruitment formalities to the complete satisfaction of the Further, such appointment shall also be subject to Service and Conduct Rules of the Bank.
- The Bank takes no responsibility for any delay in submission of online applications or communication.
- The access to the Bank’s website could be delayed towards the closing date for submitting the online registration due to heavy internet So, the candidates are advised to avoid last minute rush and make use of the time span available for submitting the applications online. Candidates in their own interest are advised to submit online applications well before the last date.
- For any clarifications candidates may contact at [email protected]
Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
For demos and free lectures, click on bank exams preparation. Find out free study material on our website www.takshilalearning.com.
What we provide :
- Bank Exams online, offline course
- Online test series for bank exams
- Daily Current Affairs
- Test Series
- Faculty Support for Doubt Solutions
- Job alerts/Notification
- Sample paper/Mock test
- Webinars by Experts
- Shortcut tips and tricks to solve questions fast
- Vocabulary Tutorials (Audio and Video)
- Study Material (Pdf)
Subscribe to our social channel.