English Questions Based On Error Detection for IBPS PO & CLERK
Error Detection is one of the most important topics from banking as well as SSC exams point of view as 3-5 questions come from this topic alone thus making it an important topic.
Let us understand the concept with the help of some examples:
- People who have (a)/ fortunate enough to own (b)/ a house in this city (c)/ are very few (d)/ No error (e).
Sol. Use ‘who are’, in place of ‘who have’.
- The amount of foreign (a)/ direct investment in (b)/ the country in 2008 is (c)/ doubled that received in 1997 (d)/ No error (e).
Sol. Use ‘double’ in place of ‘doubled’.
- The Reserve Bank of India’s decision (a)/ to waive ATM charges (b)/ have put banks (c)/ in a difficult position (d)/ No error (e)
Sol. Use ‘has’ in place of ‘have’.
- We could not (a)/ believe that one (b)/ of us was (c)/ responsible with the act. (d)/ No error (e)
Sol. Replace ‘for’ in place of ‘with.’
For the practice of English for competitive exams and Bank PO/Clerk, click on online bank coaching classes.
- She was taken with surprise (a)/ when she was announced (b)/ the winner of the (c)/ national level competition. (d)/ No error (e)
Sol. Use ‘She was taken by surprise’.
- Economic reforms have (a)/yet not gained speed (b)/ while the issue of (c)/ unemployment remains unsolved. (d)/ No error (e)
Sol. Use ‘not yet gained speed’.
- The public believed (a)/ that the national leader (b)/ was one of the (c)/ greatest leaders of every time. (d)/ No error (e)
Sol. Use ‘greatest leaders of all the time’.
- One of the security men (a)/ rushed forward and asked (b)/ me whether I (c)/ had anything objectionable. (d)/ No error (e).
Sol. No error
English for competitive exams are available, click on bank exam preparation for details.
Start your bank exam preparation with us…!
- Digital recorded classes
- Best Online Study Material
- Enormous Vocabulary
- Regular Topic-wise articles on all the subjects.
- Pioneer in Online Test Series
- Online Bank Coaching Classes for SBI, IBPS PO & Clerk
- Job Alerts and much more.
Join us today and crack any bank exam…!
Read more Static awareness………
General Awareness for Bank Exams (IBPS/SBI PO & Clerk, RRB) – Static Awareness of GUJARAT
General Awareness for Bank PO & Clerk – Static Awareness of UTTAR PRADESH (UP)
Follow us on a Social media
Call us: 8800999280/8800999284 or fill the form for any other details: